FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
garyRI

Wild brook trout in Maine

garyRI

Last week spent a full week at Nesowadnehunk Lake Wilderness Campground near Baxter State Park. A fly fishing only lake. Three of us caught 17 brook trout. Largest 13 & 14". They seemed to want large drys fished wet just under the surface.

Plan on getting up to Eustis later this month for a blast and cast outing. The waters we fish there flip over to catch and release in October.

DennisMcFeely

Awesome.  Some sort of cast & blast is on my bucket list and I'm starting to attack that list.  Maybe I'll start researching C&B options for next year.

garyRI

I think October, in places that flip over to catch and release, most anywhere around Maine grouse habitat would work for a combination outing.

DennisMcFeely
11 hours ago, garyRI said:

I think October, in places that flip over to catch and release, most anywhere around Maine grouse habitat would work for a combination outing.

Thanks Gary.

Ted Moore

I want to do a cast and blast the last week of September in Gaspe. Woodcock/grouse and atlantic salmon. 

john mcg
29 minutes ago, Ted Moore said:

I want to do a cast and blast the last week of September in Gaspe. Woodcock/grouse and atlantic salmon. 

Hey Ted---its already October.

LOL

IMG_0362.jpg

Ted Moore
22 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Hey Ted---its already October.

LOL

IMG_0362.jpg

I'm talking about next September!

john mcg
1 minute ago, Ted Moore said:

I'm talking about next September!

Sorry--I couldn't resist.

I'm coming across all sorts of photos while searching through everything as Toni instructed---looking for early pics of Tucker.

DennisMcFeely
1 hour ago, Ted Moore said:

The things I used to read about the old Miramichi Inn used to intrigue me given that they had Irish setters.

Chukarman

13 fish in 21 man days of fishing? Whoa.

drummer's stump

It will continue to be fewer and fewer, Miramiche populations is not crashing, but it is close.

SxSetter

If you looking for a C&B with brookies and grouse, Onaman River Resort might fit the bill.  I've been there twice in the spring for Big Brookies and Lakers.  Miles and miles of grouse cover.  Drive to but remote and definitely off the beaten path.  Having your own boat set up to fish would be an asset but rentals are available.  Cabin rates were quite reasonable.

https://www.northernontario.travel/hunting/onaman-river-resort-a-taste-of-the-north