• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Stenstrom

Turkey Fan Mounts

Michael Stenstrom

6457fan_sm.jpg

Here is an easy way to mount your turkey fan and beards.  It is designed to display multiple beards and spurs as you accumulate them over the years.  The design also allows you to easily replace the fan if you get a better one in the future.  Made of white oak it is an beautiful and simple way to display your spring trophies.

It comes with instructions for preserving the fan and making the beard spur display.  Essentially you spread the fan and pin it in the open position after taking as much meat off the base.  I use a pile of Borax and let it dry. After that it slips in the display like napkins in a napkin holder.

Info here: OUTDOORSMAN'S EDGES

Contact me through PM or board e-mail or contact board administrator through the site Contact Us feature.

Sign in to follow this