Sign in to follow this  
Thinblueline

Garmin Astro 430 Point Setting Question

Thinblueline

The few times I’ve been out with my young dog, equipped with the Garmin Astro 430 Mini, I’ve noticed the point alert sounds off way too frequently. Obviously it’s because my dog is doing his business, stops to smell things, eat things, roll in things, etc... 

I have gotten to where I hardly pay attention to it because I haven’t yet had a point alert actually be a bird point. In fact, I frequently pick up on the delay of signal from collar to hand held device because I’ll notice his bell stop for a couple seconds, then continue on, after which I get the point alert when the dog is already on the move again. 

I thought you could change the length of time the collar has to be at a stop before sending a point alert to the hand held device, but I can’t find it in the manual I had to print off. The factory setting can’t be much more than a few seconds right now. Does anybody know if there are longer options before point signal is sent, and if so, can someone provide a quick step by step instruction? 

blanked

I will be interested in this

BlacknTan

I don't know this either, but mine registers "kennel points" also.