FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
MEdooGuide

Yeti Cooler Sizes

MEdooGuide

Before I pose my question, yes I know yeti coolers  are expensive, yes I know some folks have had better luck with other coolers, but i want one and I'm still getting one......

Now that we've got that out of the way..... I'm torn between a 75, 105 and 110.... primarily multi day hunts and full day fishing trips in the boat. Anyone have experience or suggestions?

Chukarman

I have a large YETI cooler. It fits precisely in front of the center console of my Parker. It is good at keeping things cool, it is rugged, it is relatively heavy. The feet on the bottom keep it from sliding around on the deck, even in a seaway. I am quite happy with it.

blanked

If your going to move it at all when it’s full the 75 will be plenty heavy for one person

i would rather have 2 medium size I can handle by myself than one big one

MEdooGuide
37 minutes ago, Chukarman said:

I have a large YETI cooler. It fits precisely in front of the center console of my Parker. It is good at keeping things cool, it is rugged, it is relatively heavy. The feet on the bottom keep it from sliding around on the deck, even in a seaway. I am quite happy with it.

Which size?

Kansas Bound

I wouldn't want to move one bigger than my 75

MEdooGuide
27 minutes ago, blanked said:

If your going to move it at all when it’s full the 75 will be plenty heavy for one person

27 minutes ago, blanked said:

Good idea! 

Snipeaholic

Space is a consideration. Will two fit where you envision or will one big one fit the space better? I handle coolers day to day in the seafood business. Some Yeti's some other brands, sizes vary depending on who's cooler it is.  When we fish we have a smaller (45) cooler for food and beverages and larger ones for the catch. Bigger is better when the fish are biting!

As with other refrigeration a full cooler (Yeti or other brand) with cold product will hold better than one with a bunch of airspace and not much cold product or ice. In that case bigger is not always better. Day to day I'd go with the 75 since I could manage that somewhat by myself depending on where I was headed with it.

Bede

What do you intend to do with it.  A 75qt Yeti full of ice you is right at 100lbs. Picking it up is one thing, carrying it places another. 

I have an RTIC 45 (capacity like a ~55 Yeti). It fits in my Subaru with a kennel next to it, or a tub of camping gear. Easy to maneuver, but full it is plenty to carry long distances for one guy. I wouldn't want to carry a full 75qt very far. I have a Coleman extreme 75qt that does a great job keeping ice and is much lighter, that is what I used for big loads. 

406dn
49 minutes ago, Bede said:

What do you intend to do with it.  A 75qt Yeti full of ice you is right at 100lbs. Picking it up is one thing, carrying it places another. 

If the cooler can hold 75 quarts of ice, that gets you in excess of 150# of ice. Plus whatever a cooler weighs.

I have a smaller yeti,, I consider it one of life's mistakes. The least Yeti could do is make the logo on the cooler with 24k gold,,, then they would be closer to being worth what they ask for them.

SODAKer

Make sure you really visualize and try if you can packing one. For the size and weight they don't hold that much relatively speaking.

I know you said, I'm still getting one, but if Yeti wasn't an option, what would be your second option?

bigdog MN

I have a RTIC 65 and its about all I am interested in trying to carry when full.

Brad Eden
14 hours ago, MEdooGuide said:

Before I pose my question, yes I know yeti coolers  are expensive, yes I know some folks have had better luck with other coolers, but i want one and I'm still getting one......

Get a Coleman. Snob. 😉

Thunder Bay

I like the idea of multiple coolers vs just one.  More versatile (can use it in multiple hunting, fishing, and other scenarios) and much easier to move around by yourself.

My “go to” Yeti cooler size is the 50 (little taller than the norm).  Makes for great seat and stand on a boat.  Yeti has a great military discount if you qualify.

MEdooGuide
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Get a Coleman. Snob. 😉

HAHAHA! Us pointer/shorthair People have a bit higher brow taste the  you springer guys 😉

MEdooGuide
1 hour ago, Thunder Bay said:

Yeti has a great military discount if you qualify.

I dont but they take good care of us guides too.