REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jmrozinski

Getting cold...favorite bourbon?

Jmrozinski

Looking for a winter night cap.  What’s good?

kgb

Evan Williams Single Barrel goes well for me, a Four Roses small batch I tried at a friend's house was distinctive (good). 

Speaks

Ones I tend to keep around are

1) Basyl Hayden

2) Knob creek single barrel

3) Woodford is more widely available so in my cabinet sometimes but not my favorite

4) Wild Turkey 101 is my cheaper but good alternative

I usually have a bottle of McAllen around for the rare times I want a scotch instead

salmontogue
12 minutes ago, Speaks said:

Ones I tend to keep around are

1) Basyl Hayden

2) Knob creek single barrel

3) Woodford is more widely available so in my cabinet sometimes but not my favorite

4) Wild Turkey 101 is my cheaper but good alternative

I usually have a bottle of McAllen around for the rare times I want a scotch instead

I'll be dropping by.  I like all of those choices.

Perk

john mcg

Angel's Envy is nice for a bourbon as is Evan Williams.

I prefer Islays, but some time ago, I tried a few bourbons and liked those two.

Just for sipping mind you.

Cotton1

Elmer T. Lee is my favorite but has gotten hard to find and pricey.  Col. E.H. Taylor is a close second.  Four Roses and Eagle Rare are both good and easy to find.

jpari

My all time favorite is Blanton's.  It is a single barrel and a great sipping Bourbon.  It's pricey, but, worth it.

bigdog MN

Basyl Hayden is one of my favorites.  Also like Woodford. Occasionaly I will have a Rye, I  like Weisers

RuffChaser

Not Bourbon but you could use it in place of the brandy in the following.  Heat up some Apple Cider with some mulling spice and add Apple Jack Apple brandy. A little lemon juice to cut down the sweetness. It's a great adult beverage when sitting in your garage on Halloween handing out candy. 

Mike Connally

My current favorite is Wellers Antique 107. 

Makers Mark Cask Strength, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Eagle Rare 10 year are damn good also. 

I must like Blantons also because I have 5 bottles resting in my cabinet. 

More and more I find myself gravitating towards wheated  bourbons. I’ve come to really like sweet bourbons. 

SEPAlander

Not much to add to this list, but I’ll second Angel’s Envy. Quickly becoming my go, replacing the Evan Williams single barrel which I can’t find around here.

MAArcher
1 hour ago, Mike Connally said:

My current favorite is Wellers Antique 107

Makers Mark Cask Strength, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Eagle Rare 10 year are damn good also. 

I must like Blantons also because I have 5 bottles resting in my cabinet. 

More and more I find myself gravitating towards wheated  bourbons. I’ve come to really like sweet bourbons. 

I'm jealous, for some reason the state of NH has an aversion to wheated bourbons, especially Weller variants.  I'd love to try them but my store doesn't carry them.

I haven't had a drink in months (just to busy with work, can't even find the time to go to the liquor store), but I was liking Jim Beam Black as an inexpensive bourbon.  

Bloodhound

I like

Maker's Mark

Jim Beam Double Barreled & Black

Bulleit Bourbon

These are the reasonable priced ones...

One day I will buy a bottle of Jefferson's OCEAN

ocearch.jpg

Chad Linder

Good bourbon is getting harder to find due to high demand and limited supply.  I like 4 Rose single barrel, especially the store pics.  I like everything from Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare is a great bottle that can normally be found in most stores.  Elijah Craig is a solid bottle also. 

Mike Connally

The barrel and Cask Strength bourbons are finding their way to the top of my list. Much more flavorful. Some, like Makers Cask Strength, I like to drink with a big chunk of ice. It changes flavor wonderfully as the ice melts. 

Having one now😋   

9628A52B-293F-4118-922D-80CCA448F5F3.jpeg