Chukarman

On X Hunt

Chukarman

I have been using On X Hunt mapping on my iPad and like it a lot. I got an mount to hold the iPad in the truck when driving. Highly recommended.

flint

I got the one-year free membership with my RGS renewal. I haven't put it to use, other than digital scouting, but so far I can recommend it too. It's shown me some places I would like to check out that I wouldn't have known to look for otherwise.

chilly460

I just signed up for the in state option ($30) just to try it out.  I cross reference it with the VA GIS maps to locate cutovers, so far it's very useful for pre hunt planning.  Will be using it on Monday in the field, will report back. 

WI Outdoor Nut

It is a great app.  In addition to grouse hunting, I use it quite a bit if you are in a disagreement with someone on lot line locations.  The mapping appears to be dead on, and with showing your location, can usually quickly correct someone if they are accusing you of trespassing. 

Lurch

So I just got mine with the RGS membership 3 days ago.

All I really want is to download the public, private & WIHA for KS but when I go to KS, all it lets me show in Layers is the KS Game Management Units... If i try to turn th others on, it jsut tells me about them and the only option is "Put back in library"... What am I missing?

Peent
4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

So I just got mine with the RGS membership 3 days ago.

All I really want is to download the public, private & WIHA for KS but when I go to KS, all it lets me show in Layers is the KS Game Management Units... If i try to turn th others on, it jsut tells me about them and the only option is "Put back in library"... What am I missing?

Log out then log back in.  Then try again.  

Lurch
46 minutes ago, Peent said:

Log out then log back in.  Then try again.  

Have tried that (on app and on PC),

Refreshing layers (on app) by pulling down with finger until the circle spins

deleted and reinstalled the App per the suggestions on their help FAQ and customer service.

No joy yet...

<edit:>  so, as expected, I'm depriving some village of its idiot. When I registered, I selected IN as my address and must have also picked it as my state (showing all 6 sqaure feet of quality upland hunting area). The RGS subscription is evidetnly a single-state only deal, and since mine was IN, I couldn't download KS data (other than the Game Mgnt Areas - not sure why they still worked).

Anyway, thanks to the OnX helpdesk who helped out and changed my state for me.