REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
gunsrus

NFL

Clueless1
21 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Man, I would love to see one of those New England spaniels in the TX Pineywoods thickets.  Fastest limit on TX WC I've seen is my son, he's twice gotten his limit in less than hour.  Then he started working on mine.  20 minutes might be tough, this year's WC crop is the fastest, lowest flying and spookiest flight I've ever seen.  Seems like the Great Lakes UJ-ers have over-trained them, the survivors are just plain crazy.  But I'm just glad to be seeing them back in TX after the drought years.

Shiners can be had.  In my fridge right now is a local HOU brew called Karbach with their Love Street Kolsch sitting next to Yuenglings lagers.  Am thinking of lunch in Coldspring at a spot that has giant baked potatoes stuffed with bar-b-q brisket.  Just one more example of a TX depth charge.  

Once again have been listening to the sports pundits on espn and mad dog radio now blathering about how the pats aren't great on the road and blah, blah, blah.  As unhappy as I will be when they do win in KC, I will not be even slightly surprised.  They have a BRADY for the love of gawd.

Yeah, I don't bet against the Patri......Wait!  Yuengling has made it to Texas?

Clueless1
21 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Man, I would love to see one of those New England spaniels in the TX Pineywoods thickets.  Fastest limit on TX WC I've seen is my son, he's twice gotten his limit in less than hour.  Then he started working on mine.  20 minutes might be tough, this year's WC crop is the fastest, lowest flying and spookiest flight I've ever seen.  Seems like the Great Lakes UJ-ers have over-trained them, the survivors are just plain crazy.  But I'm just glad to be seeing them back in TX after the drought years.

Shiners can be had.  In my fridge right now is a local HOU brew called Karbach with their Love Street Kolsch sitting next to Yuenglings lagers.  Am thinking of lunch in Coldspring at a spot that has giant baked potatoes stuffed with bar-b-q brisket.  Just one more example of a TX depth charge.  

Once again have been listening to the sports pundits on espn and mad dog radio now blathering about how the pats aren't great on the road and blah, blah, blah.  As unhappy as I will be when they do win in KC, I will not be even slightly surprised.  They have a BRADY for the love of gawd.

Don Steese
1 hour ago, Clueless1 said:

I think Yuengling Lager has gone nationwide. Not their best brew but definitely the most popular....says the guy who doesn't drink anymore. 

jeff88
1 hour ago, Clueless1 said:

I picked up the cases I have on-hand in AR.  FL has it too.  Not yet in TX.

Millriver
19 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

I picked up the cases I have on-hand in AR.  FL has it too.  Not yet in TX.

Every year for bird camp my friends from PA would bring multiple cases of Yuengling up. What wasn't drank during the week or more would stay with me. When it became available here in Massachusetts, they were concerned I wouldn't invite them anymore.

They still come up and enjoy the extra room in their trucks 😊

Dogwood

I'll take the Chiefs over the Pats. NE will have their hands full especially away from Foxboro.

Calling LA over NO despite NO at home in the big ugly dome.  I think LA's d-line is gonna give Brees some fits.  If Suh shows up.

BTW Maroon 5 as the SB halftime act?  Yuck.  I guess Zeppelin was busy.

kgb

Can N.E. bring their snow sweeper down to KC in case they need it for a kick?