Truly Waterproof Upland Pants

Swampy 16

What is everyone using?

Kansas Bound

Orvis Upland Briar Pants

Swampy 16
12 minutes ago, Kansas Bound said:

Orvis Upland Briar Pants

Waterproof as in keepbyou dry in an all day rain?

Kansas Bound

I have never used them all day but half day no problem. 

dogrunner
36 minutes ago, Kansas Bound said:

Orvis Upland Briar Pants

Are they Gore Tex?

Swampy 16

I almost bought those a few years back but there were a lot of negative reviews. They look like a heck of a nice pant though. I have a pair of Orvis toughshell on the dinner table but they’re not very comfortable. They fit but don’t really move with you very well. I’ll probably order the Beretta Thornproof in the morning.

Kansas Bound
35 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Are they Gore Tex?

They must have some kind of waterproof membrane but I don't know if it is Gortex

WhatsDaPoint

I love the orvis upland briar pants (have 2 pairs). But they are not waterproof and do not have a membrane. 

Upland briar pant

Now, if you mean the ‘ultimate upland briar pant’ I don’t own those and have no comment. They mention water resistant though. 

Ultimate upland briar pants

Kansas Bound
5 hours ago, WhatsDaPoint said:

I love the orvis upland briar pants (have 2 pairs). But they are not waterproof and do not have a membrane. 

Upland briar pant

I have found mine to be completely waterproof unless coming in from the top or bottom.

bmeador

Check out Dan's overalls. Several models to choose from...

Peent

I have both the Orvis Upland Briar and the Orvis Toughshell.  I wore the Toughshell in downpours and snow events both this year and last year.  They work.  Half of October I was in conditions that nobody should be hunting in and they kept me as dry as can be expected.  A seam let go and orvis replaced them.  They are not comfortable for everyday  dry condition hunting and that is why I picked up the Upland Briar which are very nice pants too.  Light rain or dew you will be fine but don't look to them as a waterproof solution.  

dogrunner

Good to know, thanks. I'm going to order the Toughshell, the last 2 years I've hunted in the worst weather in a very long time, I'm tired of being wet.  Did they fit to size?

1 hour ago, Peent said:

I have both the Orvis Upland Briar and the Orvis Toughshell.  I wore the Toughshell in downpours and snow events both this year and last year.  They work.  Half of October I was in conditions that nobody should be hunting in and they kept me as dry as can be expected.  A seam let go and orvis replaced them.  They are not comfortable for everyday  dry condition hunting and that is why I picked up the Upland Briar which are very nice pants too.  Light rain or dew you will be fine but don't look to them as a waterproof solution.  

Swampy 16

My best friend bought the Beretta Thornproof pants and swears they’re more comfortable than a pair of jeans and stayed completely dry in an all day downpour, I was with him and saw it. I ordered a pair yesterday 

Peent
24 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Good to know, thanks. I'm going to order the Toughshell, the last 2 years I've hunted in the worst weather in a very long time, I'm tired of being wet.  Did they fit to size?

Pretty accurate size fit.  As with any upland pants once they get wet they can get slightly heavy but not as bad as other upland pants.  Clip on suspenders could fix this problem.  They don't have suspender buttons.  Order a size larger if you plan on wearing a layer below them. 

The Upland Briar Pants you will need to order a size larger as they are European sizing.  Made in Poland.  If I was going to only order one pair it would be the Upland Briar Pants.  I guide so if it's raining I need to go.  If I was just hunting I wouldn't hunt in the conditions I guided in this year.  

Swampy 16

Carhardt make suspender buttons you can install yourself. They work well and are very easy to put on a pair of pants.