FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
grouse28

The Marketing Genius of Yeti

grouse28

Stopped by a neighborhood hardware store today.

Yeti now has an official Yeti branded dog bowl, in various colors, mind you, for only $50.00.

My dogs want to be the first on their block to have one, yea right! I told them both in no uncertain terms “NO”. Now they are both sulking, “but Ginger has one”.

Unbelievable what the lemmings will buy.

Maybe one out of a hundred of us really need a cooler to hold ice for a week, but we need the status of an owning a Yeti, now that privilege can be

extended to our dogs!

dogrunner

I don’t have any of there stuff and Proud of it. 

JCJ
Just now, dogrunner said:

I don’t have any of there stuff and Proud of it. 

Me either. 

ryanr

I'll buy an RTIC before I'd buy a Yeti. I have to admit on a longer, more remote trip it could come in handy. The cooler, not some overpriced dog bowl.

E.Young

DOES Ginger have one, Larry? And to think I took FlairBall as a porcelain man. 

oak stob

I don't often leave any food or drink unconsumed for a week...but, I do wonder what would happen if Yeti delivered a tough, 3" 16 gauge O/U with a nice stock and a 6 7/16# weight...."well, this is nice."

snakeroll

Most coolers are advertised as an 48-72 hour cooler. Heck I've had dry ice in a cheap 59$ cooler from walmart for a week on a DIY Osceola hunt and made it back to New England in 8 days when I still had the original ice on the drop off of the bird to the taxidermist. I don't own any "Sitka" gear either because I don't get cold, just uncomfortable and layering takes care of that. 

Kansas Bound

I might have to check them out

Dave Quindt

I have 1 Yeti product; a $10 mug lid that fits perfectly on my $10 Ozark mug from Walmart :)

C.J.L.

Yeah Yeti, Sitka Gear and Wal-Mart aren't for everyone. 

Pomoxis

Crap, I hope my dogs dont read this post.

ryanr

Sitka bibs and jacket are on my wishlist. I liken to a modern day version of the woolrich hunting pants/parka of our father's and grandfather's days. Very high quality gunting clothes that last and perform a very long time. That said for now I'm looking hard at Huntworth clothing, more affordable and supposed to be of good quality (after about 20yrs, I have to finally replace my deer hunting outer layer.)  

RookieEP

I like my Yeti stuff but already have dog bowels.  Does the dog bowel keep water cooler?

bob-mt
2 hours ago, grouse28 said:

Stopped by a neighborhood hardware store today.

Yeti now has an official Yeti branded dog bowl, in various colors, mind you, for only $50.00.

My dogs want to be the first on their block to have one, yea right! I told them both in no uncertain terms “NO”. Now they are both sulking, “but Ginger has one”.

Unbelievable what the lemmings will buy.

Maybe one out of a hundred of us really need a cooler to hold ice for a week, but we need the status of an owning a Yeti, now that privilege can be

extended to our dogs!

holy crap......next thing you know people will be spending big bucks on shotguns.....bird vests.....custom made dog crates......who knows were it will end!.....unbelievable what the lemmings will buy...…..bob

BIGSP

I bought my first Yeti cooler about 10 years ago.  Still using it today.  I enjoy going on a hunting trip and not worrying about my ice going away, my cooler not breaking etc.  I think mine was worth every penny I paid for it.  I get sick of guys hating on expensive stuff because either they are too cheap to buy or can't afford it.

Now the dog bowl, I have to agree, you'd have to be a serious dumbass to buy a $50 dog bowl.