grouse28

The Marketing Genius of Yeti

john mcg

Home Depot has fancy blaze orange buckets for $3.00.

Just sayin’.

kgb

My Yeti was obtained through $25 worth of raffle tickets.  Fills me with anxiety knowing it's a yuppie status symbol, there amongst the rest of my outdoors stuff.  I have slathered it with stickers from various game bird conservation groups.  I don't know if that makes it better, or worse, worse.  I hate you guys.  Some of you, anyhow.

C.J.L.
20 minutes ago, john mcg said:

What is Sitka gear?

I have seen Yeti. I think the young guys like it.

High tech hunting clothes.  Mostly big game stuff.  Some guys bash it cause it is not cheap.  But a lot of guys truly like it and not just because it's camo color

john mcg

I have two sets of camo that I haven’t warn in many years. One insulated suit and one warm weather for archery season.

The warm weather set comes with a boonie had complete with mosquito cover.

Been a long time, since looking at such.

Thank you.

settem
8 hours ago, sprocket said:

What Would Hunshatt Do?

I miss him. 

This was a funner place when he was around...

Franz

How many steaks does one of these dog dishes hold?

terc

I won a YETI knock off at a RGS banquet last year. They work well . Loaded with a case of beer and two bags of ice ,two pallbearers are necessary to get it from the Jeep to the camp porch.

bob-mt
1 hour ago, chilly460 said:

I'm amazed at the number of people I see wearing Yeti hats.  They're wearing apparel for a brand that makes.........coolers.  

As stated, well done Yeti, they've tapped into the sportsman yuppie status symbol consumerist ethos perfectly.  

would this be the same as having one of the cool bird vests?...….that's what the yuppies wear?...….bob

RuffChaser
4 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

As a graphic designer turned art director I was entrenched in marketing and branding my entire career. Yeti indeed are marketing geniuses. Good for them. If there products were poorly made and poorly designed then I'd say bad on them. Reminds me of Under Armor, another well branded product line. I'm gonna start a poll on what gets trashed the most on UJ: Yeti, Cabelas, LLBean, deer hunters, Muck Boots, ATV's, 12 gauge semi-autos, flushing dogs, grouse ground sluicers, Massachusetts or Tom Brady. (Not directed at OP, interesting Topic) That would be interesting... 😮😉

As the old saying goes something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. As long as people will pay that price and they sell enough to cover their costs, investment, etc. they will continue to sell them for that price. Now to more interesting things. I'm torn between ground sluicers and deer hunters. When does the poll go live? I need to find a quarter to flip.

john mcg

Can the poll be a secret poll?

Speaks

While I cant imagine what advantage the dog bowl from them provides they do make some useful stuff. I have two of their mugs sitting on my desk right now, one with coffee and one with water. They keep stuff hotter or colder than other options I have used. They are a bit pricey but I figure $30 for a mug that I have used daily for 3 years and will probably use for several more is no big deal. 

Their coolers are good at what they are meant to do, maintain temps very well for long periods of time while being more durable than the average walmart cooler. That being said they do not fill a need that I have right now. My cooling needs are reasonably satisfied by a cheaper cooler and are generally of limited duration, the size to volume ratio also does me a disservice. I am not a fan of the durability of some cheaper offerings but can live with it for the cost difference. 

If I used a cooler daily or did longer trips I would not be opposed to spending good money on good gear. Whether that choice with be yeti I dont know as it is a segment of product I have not researched. 

oak stob

"Trashing" often has a very sound source point....fair may be the stumbling point.

With any Yeti subject tho, I read comments less about the quality of any product or a cooler's designed use in a Florida flats skiff and I read more about cost and individual need.....humor-ish often naturally follows.

Maybe a poll on what gets conveniently ignored if a "hunter" is somehow involved or what gets evaluated away by an equivalence of it's-not-happening-in-my-backyard.

SelbyLowndes

Somebody gave me a YETI cooler and a coffee cup with my name on it.  Cooler works great but if I fill the coffee cup in the morning before a road trip, I can't drink the coffee until 2:00 without getting my tongue burned.  Wife said to leave room in the mug for ice.  I'd have thought of that eventually...SelbyLowndes

Up North

I won’t buy one of their coolers for the price they ask. But do have one of their coffee mugs, and it is a winner.

gwponr

Patch, is a mohawk sporting punk rock setter who wouldn't be caught dead eating or drinking out of a $50 Yeti bowl. At the pet store the other day he did lift  his leg and pee in the yeti bowl, right after a labradoodle came walking by and I overheard Patch tell him that was Yeti water "its like red bull for dogs". He walked off snickering as the labradoodle was lapping up the Yeti water. As I was leaving the store the labradoodle was rolling on the floor throwing a tantrum until his owner agreed to buy him the bowl