Sign in to follow this  
WI Outdoor Nut

DC 30 Battery Replacement

WI Outdoor Nut

I believe I need to replace my battery - won't take a charge more than 25%, and will burn out in about 2 hours.  Thinking I need to replace the battery but don't know how complicated this procedure is.  Any recommendations on where to buy?

Mike Connally

Interesting. My collar isn’t making contact with my handheld anymore. I assume the battery is shot. I just ordered a new battery. The installation looks doable. I think I’ll order a new antenna also. 

Mike Connally
On 1/8/2019 at 1:44 PM, Mike Connally said:

Interesting. My collar isn’t making contact with my handheld anymore. I assume the battery is shot. I just ordered a new battery. The installation looks doable. I think I’ll order a new antenna also. 

Actually my collar was fine. I just added another dog to the Astro and it connected. 

I changed out the battery and antenna on the DC30 since they were already ordered. I just followed the instructions on google and it was easy. Make sure you have a Philips screwdriver with a small head. A magnetic head helps considerably when reattaching the battery cover. I used a longer antenna and I have a considerably longer range.