OldSarge

Got a new F250

OldSarge

My old ‘92 F250 finally reached the point where I didn’t feel like messing with it anymore. The tranny broke so $2-3K for a repop wasn’t going to happen. I decided to trade in my Jeep on this. Got a good trade in value so my payments are very reasonable. Not going to put prices on here because there is always someone who just bought the same truck (gun, yeti cooler, etc.) for way less. Suffice it to say that I am happy with the deal and extremely happy with the truck. 

2019 F250 XLT 6.2L V8 gasser. I will be putting a quick connect plow on it next winter. It will be my daily driver but I only put 31000 miles total on my Jeep in 4 years so not too worried about mileage, efficiency, etc. Anyway, I like it. Oh, and it does have manual front hubs and electronic locking rear differential. 

2464D1D6-4D58-4839-A09A-6E0B17FA4C1D.jpeg

OldSarge

Oh, and I sold the broke truck to a guy for $2000 cash. Bonus. 

Curt

Nice looking ride, I'm envious.  I've been looking them over, trying to talk myself into trading while everything still works well but haven't been able to pull the trigger just yet.  My 2011 F350 diesel just turned over 93,000 miles so it's getting near time to do something.  Yours looks nice.

25/06

Nice ...update us on mileage and impressions

Does that have the 10 speed tranny?

Edited by 25/06
meant 10

WPG Gizmo

Nice looking truck you have there

Curt 93K on a diesel is just barely getting broke in 

406dn
31 minutes ago, Curt said:

Nice looking ride, I'm envious.  I've been looking them over, trying to talk myself into trading while everything still works well but haven't been able to pull the trigger just yet.  My 2011 F350 diesel just turned over 93,000 miles so it's getting near time to do something.  Yours looks nice.

I would not be afraid of a diesel truck with 93k miles. My 05 Chevy Duramax, which I kept as a knock around truck after purchasing a 17 model, has 253k on it and runs as well as it ever has. 

Thunder Bay

Beautiful truck... looks like it will serve you well.  Envious!

max2
46 minutes ago, Curt said:

There is a guy who is friends with my neighbor who has an older then 2011 I would think ? Ford excursion diesel  and I can remember 5 yrs ago he claimed it had over 500,00 thousand miles on it -  yes 500 !  - original drive train and he bought it new. I saw it here over the summer & still going. Lot of highway miles got him there.  

OldSarge

It has the 6 speed auto tranny, and so far been getting 14-15mpg. I’ve been pretty soft on the gas pedal though since it still has less than 400 miles. It kinda rides like a F250 should. A bit stiff, but very smooth. The seats are great and the visibility is perfect. It has backup and bed cameras and the mirrors are telescopic for trailering. I’m still reading the owners manual trying to figure out all the options and functions. My wife and I have a 25’ camper and a 16’ deep v boat so this truck will take over the towing duties from her F150. 

Dogwood

Dang

dogrunner

Nice rig, if you could have waited a year the new 7.3 Gasser would have been under the hood. Maybe a 10 speed too. 

J_ellard

Nice truck. 

henryrski

I've got an 2014 F259 mwith the big engine. Love it.

blanked

Was it hard to find the manual front hubs

dogrunner
On 11/7/2018 at 2:12 PM, henryrski said:

I've got an 2014 F259 mwith the big engine. Love it.

Never heard of that model before.