bullseyebill

Inaugural Trip with the Colorado LT

bullseyebill

First hunting trip with the new truck is completed and it worked out great.  No regrets or second thoughts about the truck.  It was a pretty comfortable ride.

Put a trifold cover on (Tyger Auto TG-BC3C1039 TRI-FOLD Truck Bed Tonneau Cover 2015-2018 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon | Fleetside 5' Bed) reasonable price, easy to put on and kept everything dry and a rubber mat (Dee Zee DZ87009 Heavyweight Bed Mat) which kept everything in place. Also put attached a couple of "puck" touch lights for the truck bed (from Target).  They added just enough light to the bed when looking for something.

Drove to North Dakota and put on 1500 miles.  Avg MPG was around 22.

Folded the back seat down and there was plenty of room for the dogs.

Used Android Auto for navigation.  Worked pretty good but need to get more familiar with what is available.  

There are several items I realize I need or want to add.

• mud flaps.  OMG did it through up dirt onto the door, door handle, and sides of the truck.
  • with the dogs in the back seat and getting into and out of truck after being in the field, I now understand why I need seat covers.  
  • a pouch to hang on the back of the seats would be nice for holding some items.  Don't need 10+ pockets, just something simple.
  • dividers for the truck bed.  Makes packing a bit more organized.  We have straps but think I might want something else.  Still deciding.

If anyone has any suggestions for the above items or something you felt was helpful or useful, let me know.

Cindy

bullseyebill

Sorry for misspelled words

henryrski

I checked your spelling and didn't see any errors. But then again I usually just torment Brad

sidelock

I would have expected better fuel mileage from a mid size P/U .

bullseyebill

Yes, I would like better mileage too.  Bill says it's better mileage than his Jeep.

kgb

Better mpg than my '04 Dakota, too.  On long trips it will average just around 18.  Used to be, heading to Pennsylvania, on the first tank of non-ethanol blend gas it would gain just under 2mpg before realizing that was giving me too much and then it would back down.  

A friend bought a nice Colorado this year, to me they are about a perfect size vehicle.  All of the full sized trucks are just too much to me for daily drivers.

apachecadillac

If I were in the market for a truck the Colorado/Canyon would be on the short list.  The 'full size' trucks are supersized nowadays, just like SUVs get bigger, etc.  Models just get bigger with each generation.  And I'm not talking about runway flesh for all the fashionistas in  this crowd.  The other day I was driving along behind a brand new 4Runner that was pulled up at the light next to a 4Runner that was at least ten years old and the older one looked like a toy compared to the new one.

Also, I'd take 22 mpg over what my 2015 Xterra gets.  Of course, the faster you drive, the more your mileage falls off . . . of if you're towing.

Congrats on the new truck.

bullseyebill

On the way out to ND and back on the freeway I was doing between 70-80 mph

Dogwood

What is your trucks towing capacity? Do you tow?

How was the handling on the interstate? Track straight or wanders?

bullseyebill

Towing capacity is supposed to be 7000.  Haven't tried YET. Tracked straight.  No issues on interstate.  Didn't feel like it was struggling at higher speeds. Going up hills was seemless

bullseyebill

20181104_130117.jpg