FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rick (VA)

ll Bean Pa'tridge Strap Vest II 25% Off - 4 Days Left

Rick (VA)

I don't have one, but sounds like a good deal.

WPG Gizmo

It is 25% off your order not just this vest,  promo ends Nov 13th it is a great deal and I need another pair of boots

chilly460

I picked one up recently on this deal, I had a Browning strap vest that I never liked.  Just one short hunt with it so far, but needed more storage for all the dog's crap (water, bowl, lead, GPS, etc).  It's a bit heavy, but the waist straps are very good and distribute the weight very well.  The add on pouches on the straps are fairly useless for me, too intrusive.  One issue is that I could not get the straps in a position that wasn't in the way of gun mount, and the straps are padded and somewhat thick.  I do have them in a position that the strap effectively works as a recoil pad right in the "pocket" of my chest and shoulder, and feels OK.  I like my field guns to have a bit shorter LOP and hard plastic buttplates to help with mount, I mounted my sporting clays gun and it did feel like LOP was a bit long with the strap in that position.  

WPG Gizmo

Chilly did you get the Tech vest as what your describing is not the Pa'tridge II

Up North

I had one , and it was nice for grouse hunting but found the game pouch a little small for pheasant.

WPG Gizmo

LL Beans has outlet stores all around us there used to be one in Manchester you could get some real steals there.  I have a Pa'tridge II vest I paid $29 for it at the outlet I really like it for the bird hunting I do we only have a limit of 2 pheasant a day around here and it will carry 2 no problem.  I also had a Wings Work I found that to be to big for what I need If your doing 3-4 hour upland hunts then this vest will work well for you if you need something that will carry a lot of gear and water then this is likely not a good vest for you.

Remo

Is there a link for this? I can't find the vest on sale. And I  really want one. Thanks in advance.

Oops. Found it. Thanks for the heads up.

Curt

I had one of their earlier models of the Partridge vest, similar to this one.  Notice how high the vest rides above the waist?  That feature was something I didn't care for although the quality of the vest was good.  Others may not find this objectionable.

MUSTANGER7

I have the LL Bean technical upland vest pack I've used to for the last ten years or so and really like it had three pheasants in it more than a few times while in Montana. It cinches up in height, so that it rides up on my shoulders which I find comfortable. It has three canvas straps about 2in across each shoulder strap I use these to hook my Dogtra beeper control that stays there permanently as it is  in easy reach to just reach up to the controls. With my Garmin GPS control I use the small clip that came with the Garmin in one of the cross straps, it has a slot in it so that I can lift it out or drop it in real easy. As a security feature I use small d - ring clips on the cords from these devices and I put them on the upper adjustable cross strap, I really like this feature as I can loosen it for more room it I'm wearing a heavy coat. Its now well worn and faded but no tears or rips.

6 Sept 09 east of Grass Range, MT with Setters 028.JPG

6 Sept 09 east of Grass Range, MT with Setters 036.JPG

WPG Gizmo

Remo just go to LL Beans website

Rick (VA)

I could not find it on their website - searched high and low. I just stumbled on it searching the web for vests. I had to Google the vest by name to get back to it. I actually thought they had discontinued it - strange!

MNice

I purchased one (kind of) last year and so far I really like it except that it's warm above 40 degrees and the waist strap pushes my pants down. Other than that, it's great for my application in the grouse woods and it was FREE due to a shipping mix up. They sent two, charged for one, and credited my return. When I contacted them to arrange for payment, they apologized and said I would not be charged. That's what I really like about the vest.