Brad Eden

ORVIS has renewed Ad Sponsorship for 2018/2019

Brad Eden

Orvis has renewed their UJ Ad Sponsorship for another year. They have a banner ad and a display ad on Board. My Orvis contact is very pleased with the mention of Orvis Upland products on the UJ forums. I am pleased that Orvis understands that mention on a busy niche discussion forum is worth a lot more than random clicks of an ad.

* PLEASE NOTE these new or enhanced Orvis products:

Softshell Upland Pants

New pant. These pants are unbelievably comfortable and have held up to the briars in Vermont.  Plenty of protection, waterproof reinforced fronts eliminate the need for chaps and have stretch in the fabric.

Softshell Upland Jacket

Update to our bestselling softshell jacket.  We made it twice as durable, more breathable and added more blaze for a total of 1,000 sq/inches on a Large.

PRO LT Upland Shirt

New shirt, our highest quality synthetic shooting shirt. Lightweight, stretch, treated with Polygiene for odor control and extremely comfortable.

PRO LT Upland Pants

New pant, these are a great technical, lightweight, warm weather/early season pants. These are the pants for when mobility, breathability and moisture wicking matter the most and briar protection matters the least.

john mcg

Congratulations...quite a thing, really.

I am considering that soft shell jacket for to hold back the cold prairie winds.

I searched the web yesterday and could find no better.

kgb

Some time back was posted a notice about a sale on an Orvis jacket looking similar to that soft shell and I bought one.  It does indeed stand up to the wind and if the soft shell is the same construction it too should be well suited.  For a couple weeks in October I loaded up a cart with a variety of shirts on sale and went about weeding out which were really wanted, then they held an additional sale event on Halloween which meant checkout time.  Well worth the wait.

dogrunner

Just bought some pants from them, haven't got-em yet, hopefully I like them and they fit good. 

Peent

I spend way too much of my guiding tip money on Orvis gear because being comfortable in the woods makes guiding more tolerable. 

chilly460

Just booked a trip to Vermont in May, will be passing through Manchester so definitely planning to hit the stores located there. 

Natty Bumpo

Very happy to see this support of UJ.  We have been Orvis customers for many years. Fly fishing tackle of all sorts (rods and reels, flies, vests, gadgets),  sport coats, shirts and sweaters of all types. Recently have bot several of the Signature polo shirts. Great stuff.

Uplander

Just noticed this....  Very glad they recognize the importance of UJ, and vice versa.

Love their fly rods.  I consistently spend a hefty sum of $ at Orvis, both through the mail and in Manchester.  In the past year or so have bought their Battenkill monogrammed gun case as a gift for Dear Ol’ Dad (he loves it), their black bear footrest for my study, innumerable little things like trout decorated pint glasses, and Lisa has a plethora of Barbour stuff from their women’s line.

All my dog beds are from Orvis as well, and they wear like iron.

Don Steese

I very well may snag a pair of those lightweight upland pants!

Curt

That's good news Brad.  I splashed out on one of their new PRO LT upland pullover jackets and a pair of their upland chaps yesterday.  My 30 year old Filson's were getting pretty ragged.

Jacksdad

We have made a point of supporting Orvis since they sponsor here.  

Kansas Bound
14 minutes ago, Jacksdad said:

We have made a point of supporting Orvis since they sponsor here.  

Same, plus I also reward businesses that put R&D into new upland products. 

Brad Eden

Orvis is up for renewal for their UJ Ad Sponsorship. I sent them an email a few days ago. Make sure to mention to them in any way possible tag you like their gear (if you do) and appreciate their support to the UJ Discussion Community.

Brad Eden

OF NOTE: This is an old Topic that someone brought to top. 

Orvis is up for renewal for their UJ Ad Sponsorship right now. I sent them a renewal email a few days ago. Make sure to mention to them in any way possible that you like their gear (if you do) and appreciate their support to the UJ Discussion Community.

Jakeismydog2

I had not purchased a single piece of Orvis gear until they sponsored UJ last year. Once they did that I decided to give them a try. Now my standard work apparel is an Orvis dri-release shirt. I think I have a week's supply of them. My favorite shirt to wear by far. I am hoping to get the blaze orange dri-release for Christmas this year.