Brad Eden

ORVIS has renewed Ad Sponsorship for 2018/2019

chilly460

Same here, I've been more inclined to shop with Orvis as I've seen they support the upland community. I picked up a pair of their Pro LT pants this year, they've been a godsend while training the dog in 80*+ temps.  Very light and comfortable, and seem to be holding up well.  

JoeFroESS

Orvis is definitely a go-to place for Upland hunting gear and doq equipment for me.  Also fly fishing.  And casual clothes.  I guess I buy more from them than I realized.  They back their products well and if you have a problem, they have always taken care of it for me.  I appreciate their support of the upland community a lot.

Brad Eden

Keep collective fingers crossed. My contact at Orvis has changed positions and I am dealing with new folks in their marketing department. I've emailed them my pitch on UJ being a rich and niche Upland market...that it's not about adsense clicks, since on Boards it's the mention of Orvis and their gear in the forums that is the important exposure. And that can't be quantified with graphs and numbers etc. 

OutlawTorn

I purchased a strap vest, upland pants, upland jacket, gloves and a sport coat for an upcoming wedding from there thanks to their UJ sponsorship.  I had some casual clothes from there, but never really considered them as more than a clothing store until now.

Kansas Bound

I pulled my last twelve months of invoices online.  I have spent $2,228.59.  

I have purchased clothing for hunting, fishing and work.  

Speaks

I had never bought from them before seeing them on this site. In the last year I bought the soft shell jacket, briar pants, tough shell chaps, the upland shirt in both short and long sleeve, and about ten of dry release shirts. My dog also got a vest from them. I easily dropped $1,500 with them purely as a result of this website.  I have also started putting together a final pre-season order and am sure I will be over $2k before the end of the year. 

I sure hope they keep the sponsorship as it is a factor that I consider in purchasing for sure. 

Kansas Bound
1 hour ago, Speaks said:

I had never bought from them before seeing them on this site. In the last year I bought the soft shell jacket, briar pants, tough shell chaps, the upland shirt in both short and long sleeve, and about ten of dry release shirts. My dog also got a vest from them. I easily dropped $1,500 with them purely as a result of this website.  I have also started putting together a final pre-season order and am sure I will be over $2k before the end of the year. 

I sure hope they keep the sponsorship as it is a factor that I consider in purchasing for sure. 

Those Drirelease shirts are awesome.  I have short sleeves ones for weekends and long sleeve ones for fishing. 

Speaks
1 hour ago, Kansas Bound said:

Those Drirelease shirts are awesome.  I have short sleeves ones for weekends and long sleeve ones for fishing. 

Yea its darn near all I wear any more unless I have a business meeting and have to dress up. They are not cheap but totally worth it. 

Recoil Rob

Just picked up an Orvis rain parka to keep on the boat at the Norwalk store. Best of it's kind I found.

Brad Eden

This will be short, I’m on my tiny iPhone. Someone hit a Pole and we are one of three towns without power. Orvis did renew their ad sponsorship, and I just got off the phone with the new folks from Orvis. We discussed some interesting ideas that would benefit the UJ faithfull and Orvis. 

Power is back on so on iPad....Orvis is going to keep me posted on any of their shooting and fly fishing schools, any special deals, new gear etc. I will bring that to the attention of the UJ audience. We also bantered around the idea of having some Members do some field testing of gear, including a review. Classy operation with top notch Upland gear, and I'm certainly glad they saw the value in a presence on Upland Journal.

MDash2

Glad to hear they see the value of UJ sponsorship and recognize the revenue that comes from our members. Even for a long time Orvis customer like myself I was holding off on purchasing a few items until I heard if they were going to support the forum. 

troutchops

Just bought a new (used) gun from the Orvis Gun Room. Always happy with them.