Brad Eden

New & Enhanced Orvis Upland Gear (UJ Ad Sponsor)

Brad Eden

Orvis has renewed their UJ Ad Sponsorship for another year. I'm very pleased that they appreciate the resource we have here on UJ. 

Stay tuned for a Black Friday sale on Orvis gear.

* PLEASE NOTE these new or enhanced Orvis products:

Softshell Upland Pants

New pant. These pants are unbelievably comfortable and have held up to the briars in Vermont.  Plenty of protection, waterproof reinforced fronts eliminate the need for chaps and have stretch in the fabric.

Softshell Upland Jacket

Update to our bestselling softshell jacket.  We made it twice as durable, more breathable and added more blaze for a total of 1,000 sq/inches on a Large.

PRO LT Upland Shirt

New shirt, our highest quality synthetic shooting shirt. Lightweight, stretch, treated with Polygiene for odor control and extremely comfortable.

PRO LT Upland Pants

New pant, these are a great technical, lightweight, warm weather/early season pants. These are the pants for when mobility, breathability and moisture wicking matter the most and briar protection matters the least.

ScottGrush

I have that shirt and really like it. 

john mcg
6 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Orvis has renewed their UJ Ad Sponsorship for another year. I'm very pleased that they appreciate the resource we have here on UJ. 

Stay tuned for a Black Friday sale on Orvis gear.

* PLEASE NOTE these new or enhanced Orvis products:

Softshell Upland Pants

New pant. These pants are unbelievably comfortable and have held up to the briars in Vermont.  Plenty of protection, waterproof reinforced fronts eliminate the need for chaps and have stretch in the fabric.

Softshell Upland Jacket

Update to our bestselling softshell jacket.  We made it twice as durable, more breathable and added more blaze for a total of 1,000 sq/inches on a Large.

PRO LT Upland Shirt

New shirt, our highest quality synthetic shooting shirt. Lightweight, stretch, treated with Polygiene for odor control and extremely comfortable.

PRO LT Upland Pants

New pant, these are a great technical, lightweight, warm weather/early season pants. These are the pants for when mobility, breathability and moisture wicking matter the most and briar protection matters the least.

Brad---the shirt link is populated with the Softshell jacket url.

Brad Eden
40 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Brad---the shirt link is populated with the Softshell jacket url.

Thanks. Fixed in OP.

atticus

I always liked their gear—more so now. 

Marc Ret

I got an email notification from them a couple days ago for $25 off $50 or more. Coupon code SAVE25. 

dogrunner
6 minutes ago, Marc Ret said:

I got an email notification from them a couple days ago for $25 off $50 or more. Coupon code SAVE25. 

That’s what I used when I bought my pants. 

Swampy 16

I just bought the soft shell jacket on my way to Maine and absolutely love it. It’s everything they say it is. I also just got a pair of their Outdry gloves and they are absolutely amazing. We hunted in heavy wet snow all day yesterday and my hands stayed dry. That’s a first !

snakeroll

Definitely going to get the jacket. Hopefully it is as breathable as it says it is. On a warm season hunt this year, I broke a Hawthorne spike off in the back of my forearm and couldn't get it out. The wound got terribly infected, and I do not want to deal with that again.

Craig Doherty

Orvis seems to be one of the few companies that is trying to provide more and better options for the upland hunter.  I couldn't live without their waterproof chaps and one of my customers had their waterproof pants and coat this fall and actually took a header into a large puddle when we were hunting in the rain.  was still dry when he emerged.  Good gear.

Swampy 16
9 hours ago, snakeroll said:

Definitely going to get the jacket. Hopefully it is as breathable as it says it is. On a warm season hunt this year, I broke a Hawthorne spike off in the back of my forearm and couldn't get it out. The wound got terribly infected, and I do not want to deal with that again.

I’m not sure anything will stop a Hawthorn spike, that’s nasty stuff. Filson double tin or Dans may be your only chance at stopping something like that but who wants to wear that stuff? I find it very uncomfortable and that’s why it hangs in the basement. Excellent quality but heavy and binding, at least if you’re grouse hunting IMHO. I’m certain you’ll be more than pleased with the Soft Shell. 

WMassGriff

I have the old soft-shell jacket and it is a great hunting jacket which I use up till the temps stay in the 30's. Construction is first rate. Fairly comfortable when the temps rise and the pit zips do help a lot. 

E.Young

I am told that the Soft Shell pants are the absolute perfect pants for grouse and woodcock hunting in New England. Of course the source is an insider on the design and development of the pants, but he swears by them. 

sidelock
On 11/13/2018 at 10:44 AM, E.Young said:

I am told that the Soft Shell pants are the absolute perfect pants for grouse and woodcock hunting in New England. Of course the source is an insider on the design and development of the pants, but he swears by them. 

For the life of me I just cant wrap my head around why many of their products such as the Soft Shell Upland Pants (and this is not just Orvis), are not true to size  leaving the consumer guessing what size they should order. If you conveniently live close to one of their stores that's not a biggy but if your only choice is mail order, that can become quite a headache not to mention the additional cost involved of having to pay for return shipping as well as the unnecessary additional time especially if you live outside the US. What's the big deal with simply getting the sizing right ?  it's obviously not cost related !  I'm certain they are fully aware of this issue but if they can't get their sizing right, the very least they can do is advice the consumer what the size difference is in their product description instead of having to rely on what's in the customer reviews.

It's -25* outside and we got dumped on yesterday with major snow fall so I just had to vent at something LOL  

sidelock

FWIW the previous Upland Soft Shell Jacket item # 2CS54252 which is 100% Balze Orange but otherwise similar to the current newly designed version and made of the same material can be had for 1/2 price at certain Orvis Outlet locations.