Jump to content
Crazy Horse

E Collar Ban:

Recommended Posts

Crazy Horse
MUSTANGER7

The UK is out of touch, knew a British Liaison Officer when I worked at Ft Leavenworth, he dreamed of retiring and come back to the states so he could have some land and a pickup, they have a strange way of viewing things. If they ban anything it should be the royals! that's a great gig if you can get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Korthaar

Wonder how that works out for them when it comes to training military and police dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chukarman

The Brits - including many sporting dog owners - grossly misunderstand. the methods and applications of electronics collars. They are adamant in their views and I no longer try to educate them on this subject. They mostly worry about the wrong things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brad Eden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Curt

Really who cares what they do as long as they don't try to export their goofy ideas over here.  We sent them a pretty strong message in 1776, hopefully they haven't forgotten it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mccuha

Hope it doesn’t catch on   E collars are a better option than what my grandfather did. He’ d whip them pretty good with a hose. They get the idea quicker with the collar vs old school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaks

Most European countries also strictly limit guns and ammo. It makes me worry a tiny bit that it could come here as well but I doubt it. 

 

Used correctly the dog barely feels the stim unless you need to stop him right now due to danger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urban_Redneck
2 hours ago, Curt said:

Really who cares what they do as long as they don't try to export their goofy ideas over here.  We sent them a pretty strong message in 1776, hopefully they haven't forgotten it.

 

There will be no more dog racing in Florida starting in 2020.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Curt
5 minutes ago, Urban_Redneck said:

 

There will be no more dog racing in Florida starting in 2020.

 

 

That's a shame, I've always enjoyed going to the dog races when in florida, never won anything but had a good time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
topdog1961

Interesting.  I set up a booth for my underground dog fence business at a local Safari International event a few years back.  I also had a few e-trainers in my booth, just as I did when I set up at gun shows.  There were outfitters and guide services there from all over the world, offering hunting safaris to the wealthy.  One outfitter from New Zealand came over and looked at my e-trainers and said he wanted to order 20 and wanted me to ship them directly to him in New Zealand.  That got me to wondering why he would order 20 trainers from me, a one man business from rural Ohio, when he could get a better price online. I decided before I would ship them, I was going to do some checking to see if I may be breaking the law by shipping them there, but he never followed through with the order.  I don’t see New Zealand on the list of countries banning them in this article, but it may not be all inclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlacknTan

The problem with e-collars is a simple one.... train the guy pressing the buttons first!

 

E-collars in the proper hands, are amazing tools, in uninformed hands, not so much. A pupil still must know commands before applying corrections.... IMHO.

 

But, when emotions and disinformation enter the conversation, it's an uphill battle.

 

And, as far as the "it can't happen here" approach, I've lived to see much stranger proposals come to fruition. It's not right or wrong that rules the day, it's dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lee sykes
21 hours ago, Curt said:

Really who cares what they do as long as they don't try to export their goofy ideas over here.  We sent them a pretty strong message in 1776, hopefully they haven't forgotten it.

What has this have to do with e collars?  They died on the beaches of Normandy right beside us. In Irag and Afghanistan, too.  A lot has happened since 1776.  Lots of people in this country, misunderstand the positive potential an e collar, used wisely.  I'll bet it has saved the lives of countless  dogs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Curt
53 minutes ago, lee sykes said:

What has this have to do with e collars?  They died on the beaches of Normandy right beside us. In Irag and Afghanistan, too.  A lot has happened since 1776.  Lots of people in this country, misunderstand the positive potential an e collar, used wisely.  I'll bet it has saved the lives of countless  dogs.  

Lee, Just making a reference to the point that just because the English ban e-collars doesn't make any difference to our use of them over here.  They are a valuable tool and I for one certainly wouldn't be in favor of following the English down that path.  The 1776 reference was just me being a smartass, something I sometimes do.  Now just to enlighten me, please tell me what the fact that they have died in various wars around the world has to do with e-collars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
john mcg
29 minutes ago, Curt said:

Lee, Just making a reference to the point that just because the English ban e-collars doesn't make any difference to our use of them over here.  They are a valuable tool and I for one certainly wouldn't be in favor of following the English down that path.  The 1776 reference was just me being a smartass, something I sometimes do.  Now just to enlighten me, please tell me what the fact that they have died in various wars around the world has to do with e-collars?

Curt--isn't your question a knee jerk red herring or something like that.

 

BTW--I can be a real smart ass myself. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×