FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Rick (VA)

Muck Boots Warranty

Rick (VA)

I haven't been really happy with the longevity of my three pair of Muck Boots over the years, nor their customer service., however, I took back my second pair of Edgewaters to Tractor Supply Co. after they cracked within 10 months, just like the previous pair.  They said just bring them back every year if they keep cracking. So, while still not impressed with the longevity, they do stand behind their product, and  looks like I'll have a new pair of boots each fall, unless this pair lasts 13 months. HA!

Fur and Feathers

My very first pair of mucks I wore the soles right off them, no cracks splits or anything. I'm pretty sure they were edge waters. The second pair I bought wetlands maybe, cracked where the boot flexes, I called Muck and they sent me  new pair. When I received the new pair they asked I box the damaged ones and send them back. The new pair did the same cracking and the sole actually separated from the boot. Probably should have sent them back also but it was in the middle of the season and I tried fixing them with shoo goo.

SelbyLowndes

When my physique demanded that I forego lace up boots I went to Muck Boots I could step in to.  I no longer wear out boots so the three pair I have will probably last forever...SelbyLowndes

dogrunner

My mucks were not all that great either, I switched to Bogs. 

aje4

I find Bogs soles very slippery?  Others?

E.Young

I have a strong preference for Bogs, myself. I can't fit Mucks under my dash to drive my Tacoma. 

mister grouse

I know some would rather spend more money so they look  good in the pictures, but Academy Sports has a rubber shin-low knee  high  boot( as high as you need )  that I have been wearing a year . Light insulation in foot but I cant really tell its insulated in terms of getting too hot for early season wear.   I bought the first pair for $22 ; loved them after first month. So after first month  I bought second pair same price; . and closeted them as surely the first pair wouldn't last six months.  Year later first pair going strong and back up are still unused back ups.  

Brad Eden

Wierd. I must be a lightweight in the out of doors. I bought my Muck Wetlands over 10 years ago. I remember because I bought them for a Canada bird hunt and they were killing my feet on that hunt so I popped into Cabelas on the way home and exchanged them for the next size up. (Yes the much despised Cabelas took the muddy scuffed used boots back for exchange no questions asked) Been wearing them ever since for a variety of hunting and chore stuff. The bottoms have no cracks or leaks but there is some separation where the bottoms meet the neoprene uppers, and those uppers are pretty gouged and torn up. The good thing is the lower rubber boot extends a ways up past ankle so are still serviceable for moderate outdoorageness.

(I also have a pair of LaCrosse Burly rubber boots that I've had for less than 4 years and they are about toast. The jury is still out on a new pair of 12" Lacrosse green airbob sole boots.)

Rick (VA)
2 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Wierd. I must be a lightweight in the out of doors. I bought my Muck Wetlands over 10 years ago. I remember because I bought them for a Canada bird hunt and they were killing my feet on that hunt so I popped into Cabelas on the way home and exchanged them for the next size up. (Yes the much despised Cabelas took the muddy scuffed used boots back for exchange no questions asked) Been wearing them ever since for a variety of hunting and chore stuff. The bottoms have no cracks or leaks but there is some separation where the bottoms meet the neoprene uppers, and those uppers are pretty gouged and torn up. The good thing is the lower rubber boot extends a ways up past ankle so are still serviceable for moderate outdoorageness.

Wetlands were my first pair and they are hardier than the Edgewaters. Got maybe three years before the bottoms separated. I wear mine daily almost year-round for morning and evening horse chores, but they don’t get abused. They crack where they flex near the toe box. Glad to hear yours are holding up.

garyRI
2 hours ago, aje4 said:

I find Bogs soles very slippery?  Others?

The Bogs I bought carried the hard surface to the top and held up better than the Mucks I had before. And I didn't find the Bogs' soles to be slicker.

Brad Eden
16 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

(I also have a pair of LaCrosse Burly rubber boots that I've had for less than 4 years and they are about toast. The jury is still out on a new pair of 12" Lacrosse green airbob sole boots.)

7 minutes ago, Rick (VA) said:

Wetlands were my first pair and they are hardier than the Edgewaters. Got maybe three years before the bottoms separated. I wear mine daily almost year-round for morning and evening horse chores, but they don’t get abused. They crack where they flex near the toe box. Glad to hear yours are holding up.

Th bad news is I've never had a pair of boots rubber or otherwise that stink inside as bad as these do. Like lion piss really, as I've mentioned in the past. And I dont have historically smelly feet. Maybe because I didn't have a boot dryer until a couple years ago. But after I wear them I had to leave them outside to air out. The boot dryer seems to help with the smell now. 

PartridgeCartridge

Chit wears out if you use it hard. Why does everyone expect that neoprene muck boots are gonna last forever?

dogrunner
50 minutes ago, garyRI said:

The Bogs I bought carried the hard surface to the top and held up better than the Mucks I had before. And I didn't find the Bogs' soles to be slicker.

Me either, plus they had a harder foot-bed than the mucks so my feet liked them better. 

Fur and Feathers
46 minutes ago, PartridgeCartridge said:

Chit wears out if you use it hard. Why does everyone expect that neoprene muck boots are gonna last forever?

I dont. I thought my 1st pair were going to last forever. What I dont expect is a pair of $100+ boots to come apart half way through their first season. 

PartridgeCartridge
32 minutes ago, Fur and Feathers said:

I dont. I thought my 1st pair were going to last forever. What I dont expect is a pair of $100+ boots to come apart half way through their first season. 

They shouldn't. Call them.