Brad Eden

Fine Art Print Auction: "ONE FOR ONE" Ruffed Grouse

Brad Eden

IMG_0900.JPG

Fine Art Print:  "ONE FOR ONE", Signed and Numbered UJ #1 by Mike Enright aka UJer and Photographer  Irishwhistler.

9” X 11” image and final size with mat is 11” X 14”. This Is a  Giclee Fine Art Print and is on Elegance velvet textured fine art archival acid free paper, and is matted with archival grade white linen matting, and mounted on acid free foam core. This Auctioned Print is Not Framed.

*Additionally, The winning bidder will receive an empty vintage paper Peters high Velocity 20 gauge shotgun hull like that seen in the print.

Proceeds generated from this Print Auction will go to Upland Journal for Board expenses.

Starting minimum bid is $50.

All Member Groups are eligible to bid on this Print.

This Print Auction will end at 12 noon Eastern on December 31, 2018 (Auction end date may change, and If so will be announced here.)

Members can post bids right here on this Topic or for Privacy through the board Message system to me or can Email me at brad@uplandjournal.com * PLEASE NOTE your User Name on Board if an email bid.

I will periodically Post the current highest bid (But NOT the Bidder) on a subsequent Reply in this Topic.

Mike will be offering additional signed and numbered Prints at a later date. Price to be determined, with 10% donated to UJ for each Print sold. I will post a new Topic at that time with specifics.

Thanks for bidding and supporting Upland Journal!

Irishwhistler

Brad and all members of Upland Journal,

Thank you for the launch of this print and I am most pleased to be partnering with you in the support of Upland Journal.  UJ is so much more than the average on-line hunting site.  UJ is truly a community of folks with a shared interest and common values that bring us all together as an on-line family.  The special qualities that Upland Journal brings to us all is why I have chosen to lend my support in keeping this board up and running with a donation of my artwork.

The image for "ONE FOR ONE" was captured while I was hunting with Upland Journal board member and New Brunswick Guide Bob Little a few years ago.  Bob had most graciously donated a four day bird hunt for two guns in support of the Conservation Officer James V. Spignesi Jr. Memorial Scholarship.  C.O. Spignesi and I were squad mates and my gunning partner Henry purchased the hunt at auction and invited me to accompany him.    Bob Little is a stand up guy and a great bird guide.  Bob's support to this tribute to Jim made this hunt so very special to me.

On the first day of the hunt Bob explained that we would be the first sports to hunt over his pointer "SHEA" after she had been sidelined due to surgeries to repair ACL injuries.   Bob said SHEA was his best dog and that he would only hunt her for 1/2 an hour tops to avoid stressing her.  As a fellow dog man I completely understood and respected Bob's regard for her well being.  Approximately 20 minutes into the first day of hunting, I made a nice killing shot on a grouse located and pointed by SHEA, the lass was back on top of her game.  Bob was so excited he was moved to tears in seeing SHEA back  to her old self and it was immediately clear to me just how special she was to him.  We took time out of our hunt to take a few photographs to record this most special moment.  I shot the grouse with one shot fired from a Browning 20 gauge stack barrel, the round fired being a vintage Peters High Velocity shot shell estimated to be over 60 years old and the empty hull is seen in the print image appropriately titled "ONE FOR ONE".  I gave the empty hull to Bob Little as a memento of the hunt.  The spirit of generosity exhibited by Bob Little in tribute to my Fallen Brother Officer James. V. Spignesi Jr. is that which I believe typifies what makes the membership of UPLAND JOURNAL so very special.

I wish the best of luck to all that support the auction of the original of this printing which will be signed by myself and be numbered as UJ #1.  As Brad has mentioned, I will be accepting orders for subsequent and sequentially numbered and signed prints of "ONE FOR ONE" after this auction has closed. Those printings will be offered at a price to be determined and for a limited period of time also to be determined after the UJ auction has closed.   I will donate 10% of the price of each print sold to further support Upland Journal.

Slainte',

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸 

Brad Eden

11/16/18

CURRENT HIGH BID

$75.00

Millriver

$100.00, thanks Mike!

Brad Eden

11/17/18

CURRENT HIGH BID

$100.00

Irishwhistler
21 hours ago, Millriver said:

$100.00, thanks Mike!

21 hours ago, Millriver said:

$100.00, thanks Mike!

Dave,

Good luck to ye.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Brad Eden

11/19/18

CURRENT HIGH BID

$125.00

Brad Eden

Auction ends in 4 days.

studdog

BRAD,  I bid $150.00.  George

Brad Eden

High bid is $150

Brad Eden

Auction has ended. I will put high bidder in touch with Irishwhisler aka Mike. Thanks for the generous bids!