FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
blanked

Camp chair suggestion

mccuha

Can’t remember the cost but I believe chukarman had a cool well built looking chair that I think the WW guy made. I don’t know if they are still available 

Chukarman

American Camp Chair - Bob Welsh (WW owner) and I developed these from the design of an old English safari chair originally done by Joseph Beverly Fenby in 1855.

Very comfortable, very strong, very durable..Expensive, too.

1160346566_ScreenShot2015-09-09at8_27_30AM.thumb.png.f986548abd426795fa3cf62ad6b991f4.png196116128_ChairsLasArenas.thumb.JPG.d068a4a8c6b88a7b0b0c1841f5b18cd6.JPG

Hammergun

Way cool. Mike you are a good or bad influence on the rest of us. 

Chukarman
23 hours ago, Hammergun said:

Way cool. Mike you are a good or bad influence on the rest of us. 

Thanks - I think. We are proud of these chairs and they are made entirely in the USA. At the price we sell them for it is more a hobby than a business.

Hub

I have a Helinox knockoff that I bought off of Amazon.  You can't beat the price and the durability has been outstanding.  I use it in my hunting blind and while canoe camping.  I have a lot of time on mine and it's in perfect condition after almost 4 years.

Knockoff Helinox for $50

Starsky

I have a Helinox Chair Zero.  It only weighs an ounce or 2 over a pound and folds up about the size of a quart water bottle.  I carry it in my pack while elk hunting, backpacking, etc. -- great to use while glassing and way better than sitting on a bony rock!

KenB

I have a Kermit chair that I like. It rides on the back of my motorcycle and is good for around the campfire. Having arm rests is nice. Price is up 35-40% since when I bought mine 20 years ago. Cool piece of kit that you can have pride in ownership over an aluminum/bungee/netting job. Old guys should get the leg extensions right away.

http://www.kermitchair.com

Chukarman
On 11/19/2018 at 4:20 PM, KenB said:

I have a Kermit chair that I like. It rides on the back of my motorcycle and is good for around the campfire. Having arm rests is nice. Price is up 35-40% since when I bought mine 20 years ago. Cool piece of kit that you can have pride in ownership over an aluminum/bungee/netting job. Old guys should get the leg extensions right away.

http://www.kermitchair.com

The Kermit is awesome for motor cyclists. Downstroke is the assembly required. We specifically made a camp chair to last a lifetime, but many have found them to be home furnishings with no apology required. We are fooling around with mahogany and rose wood 'deluxe versions'.

I use the snot out of my Ranger chairs... on trips and on the patio as well.