FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Bill Calton

Bob Allen Insulated Gloves

Bill Calton

Just got a new pair of Bob Allen Insulated shooting gloves.  They are beautifully made. (in China). I have been using a pair of the unlined gloves and really like them.  After the miserably cold start to the Kansas season (about 18 degrees where I was and about 25 or more mph wind) I made a decision to have some good gloves available for the rest of the year. The leather may be too soft for some of you who like a tough glove for hard use but for hunting and shooting I really like them.  I also have a pair of the summer shooting gloves with mesh back and they fit right in with some quail days in NM and TX.

ccavacini

Years and years ago, I purchased a pair of silk glove liners from Cabela's.    Worn under a pair of leather gloves, they're the best I've ever had for warmth vs. bulk.  

Silk doesn't wear well, and I've sewn them quite a few times.  I wish I could find another pair.  I've got a couple pairs of polypropylene liners but they're somewhat bulky.

steveziv

I know a lot of guys swear by them, including my late father.  He gave me his pair when he stopped shooting but they were too small.  I'll go ahead and throw my favorites out there; Head Digital Sport Running Gloves.

Curt

I bought two pair of the uninsulated ones planning to use them this fall for hunting.  They look and feel nice but as it turns out they're not durable enough in the grouse covers.  The briars just shredded the first pair two or three weeks into the season, pulls, little holes, etc.  I put the second pair into my SC vest for spring shooting, they'll be fine for that purpose.  Back to my old deer skin gloves I guess.

Swampy 16
14 hours ago, ccavacini said:

Years and years ago, I purchased a pair of silk glove liners from Cabela's.    Worn under a pair of leather gloves, they're the best I've ever had for warmth vs. bulk.  

Silk doesn't wear well, and I've sewn them quite a few times.  I wish I could find another pair.  I've got a couple pairs of polypropylene liners but they're somewhat bulky.

https://wintersilks.blair.com/p/9613.uts?productVariantId=446150&src_code=IKSPLAGS&cid=pl_ws_google_pla_gen&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2tmp1u3d3gIVx_7jBx3TvwjXEAQYAyABEgIrXPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Check this out.

Craig Doherty
19 hours ago, Bill Calton said:

Just got a new pair of Bob Allen Insulated shooting gloves.  

Been using them for years for late season.  I do have to remove my shooting hand glove to shoot if I'm using a double trigger gun -- single trigger shoot with gloves on no problem.

Greg Hartman

They wont keep my hands warm on the coldest days, but I can operate a gun with them on.  Any more glove that this I have trouble working the gun.  I like 'em.  They do wear rather quickly, though....

chip

Tried them on many times. I have a fat hand with short fingers, could never find a pair that fit. Still try them whenever I see them, but still no luck. Maybe a cadet size like golf gloves?