FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
algros1

upland gun dog academy?

algros1

my duck hunting buddy was showing me how he trains his lab with cornerstone gun dog academy. he loves it. it has a few things in common with upland hunting (like obedience, etc.), but it seems like it's pretty much waterfowl retrieving. he  showed me a few subjects and what i saw seemed fairly well organized and thoroughly presented. i liked the visual concept and the ease of clicking on a subject to view how to address a topic. i think it would also be useful to use to fix a problem that comes up after initial training. anyone have experience with this presentation or thoughts about it?  i wonder if there is an upland equivalent? 

thanks

al

Grifish

Al, Is this a video learning type of thing?

algros1

yes. it is web based. i didn't see the whole layout, but it looks like there is a list of training topics with multiple training modules within the topic. you proceed at you and your dog's own pace. you can contact the instructors with questions as you go through the program. looks like there is a forum for users to communicate also. the thing that intrigued me was that this seemed like books, cd's, forums (like this one), and utube instruction all rolled into one....but for retrievers.