FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
aje4

Topic of Shooting Gloves

aje4

I started using Mechanics gloves while hunting a few years ago.  I find they work great for me even on frigid days.  I’ve used them grouse, pheasant and deer hunting.  Anyone else try them.  They are an inexpensive alternative that you can find at most Home Depot’s, Walmart’s, etc....

WPG Gizmo

I wear them at work but not for hunting I get a 3 pack at Home depot for $10 and I get about 6 months out of them during the summer less during winter.

I have 2 pair of Gripswell for bird hunting that work really well

mccuha

I wear deer skin gloves that I get from tractor supply. They are a work type glove.  I really like them.  They do well in protection and are very comfortable  

Dave Erickson
9 hours ago, aje4 said:

I started using Mechanics gloves while hunting a few years ago.  I find they work great for me even on frigid days.  I’ve used them grouse, pheasant and deer hunting.  Anyone else try them.  They are an inexpensive alternative that you can find at most Home Depot’s, Walmart’s, etc....

I like and use the Mechanix gloves for hunting. I have some camo Mechanix gloves from Menard's and they have been good hunting gloves with nice trigger control.

UplandHntr

I use a deerskin gloves from Menards and when it gets colder I wear brown jersey gloves inside of them. Anything more than that and I cant handle the gun or shells properly.

after the season last year my wife washed them because they were dirty and full of blood. So now Im breaking in a new pair, just not the same. Wimenz...

Swampy 16

I’ve always used tight fitting leather work gloves. I especially like the goat skins from tractor supply, they’re more puncture proof than regular leather gloves. With all the rain this year I got fed up with wet gloves so I bought the Orvis Outdry gloves and although they’re expensive I’ve got to say they are incredible. Theyre very  comfortable and actually truly “waterproof”. 

brushbuster

LL Bean Partridge gloves in regular and goretex.  Glad I bought a mess of them before they discontinued.  

River19
On 11/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, aje4 said:

Similar but I rotate my older mountain bike gloves to my hunting vest.  Work fantastic.  With riding you want dexterity and a close fit but with articulation etc. and I have a "problem" of "collecting" new bike gloves so I always have 8-10 pair in rotation.....so every couple years moving one to hunting duty is easy.

Of course at some point my neon yellow and day glow blue gloves will make that move to the vest and that will be some sort of fashion statement in the woods...... oh well.

Skybuster

I always wear gloves when shooting clays or upland hunting. I prefer golf gloves for clays for their sensitivity, and "winter" golf gloves (FootJoy) when the temps drop. Same for hunting, although I do have a pair of deerskins that I like for protection from cuts and scratches when busting brush.

dogrunner

I wear finger-less gloves, sometimes I buy ice fishing type gloves and take scissors to them. Not sure how some of you guys hunt in them bulky gloves, I cant do it. 

MUSTANGER7

I use silk glove liners inside whatever other glove I'm wearing. The silk liners fit tight so that you have a lot of dexterity, when I need to be able to really have a good feel of what I'm doing I just take the outer pair off, the silk liners make for a good insulation. I also used the silk socks inside my wool socks, learned about these when I rode with the FT Leavenworth Fox Hunt, we rode in below zero weather as long as there was no ice for the trucks and horses. Here is the web site if anyone is curious, stay warn. https://wintersilks.blair.com/t/men/mens-socks-accessories/pc/235/243.uts

Hub
On 11/18/2018 at 9:20 AM, brushbuster said:

LL Bean Partridge gloves in regular and goretex.  Glad I bought a mess of them before they discontinued.  

I am down to my last pair of the goretex version.  I wish they would bring them back.

E.Young

I have a pair of Bob Allen shooting gloves and two pairs of work gloves from HD or TSC or something - one I think is goat and one is deer(?) - they all work well, with the Bob Allen's doing the best in wet weather, but I hate wearing gloves in general. 

When it gets really cold, I have a pair of down gloves I'll wear with or without goretex shells. As far as gloves go, they're good - the down is compressible enough to be able to work the trigger (usually on my rifle) well enough. 

Dave Erickson

Nothing classy about these gloves, but they work for me when it gets colder than my Menard's Mechanix can tolerate. They are the cheapy acrylic glove you see almost everywhere around here for $3. I am a heavy sweater, and these both absorb the perspiration and tend to dry out quick. I have no trouble shooting with them, and use them for both late birds and deer hunting. 

100_0048.jpg

john mcg
22 hours ago, River19 said:

Similar but I rotate my older mountain bike gloves to my hunting vest.  Work fantastic.  With riding you want dexterity and a close fit but with articulation etc. and I have a "problem" of "collecting" new bike gloves so I always have 8-10 pair in rotation.....so every couple years moving one to hunting duty is easy.

Of course at some point my neon yellow and day glow blue gloves will make that move to the vest and that will be some sort of fashion statement in the woods...... oh well.

That’s funny. I was just sorting through some gear in totes and found a few that will do the duty.

No yellow, though. Red and blue and black and white.

🙂