aje4

Topic of Shooting Gloves

River19
31 minutes ago, john mcg said:

That’s funny. I was just sorting through some gear in totes and found a few that will do the duty.

No yellow, though. Red and blue and black and white.

🙂

Mix and match John, Red one hand blue the other......figure out what lucky combo kills birds......you know normal superstitious stuff like that.......lol

john mcg
Just now, River19 said:

Mix and match John, Red one hand blue the other......figure out what lucky combo kills birds......you know normal superstitious stuff like that.......lol

I think you are onto something here, Steve. Oh--btw--I had forgotten all about a nice pair of photo sensitive riding glasses that will make dandy warm weather shooting glasses...ya know the ones with vents?

Forgotten and found gear can be the best.

Jazz4Brazo

Hit up Marshall's and TJ Max...check out the gloves section and usually find Under Armour batting gloves or something similar for cheap...that and mechanics gloves or some such...whatever fits tight and on sale seems to work well for Sporting Clays and hunting...not finicky and for cold weather have a pair of x country ski gloves that fit tight but are very warm and seem to do the trick.

mcgreg

So here is a crazy story. In the colder months, I hunt with a special right hand thin brown leather glove. It has no left handed mate, so I use most anything for the left hand, but the right hand fave is this brown glove. It was my dad's church glove from some 50 yrs ago. He only ever would wear them going to Sunday church in winter. Has some kind of cotton knap lining that is mostly worn out from the years. And it has a special dexterity to it I can't quite describe. Well, it fits like a tight leather glove ought to.  Great trigger and safety feel, with a story behind it!

BlacknTan

Gloves??? Where to start?

I don't have much experience with gloves. Never wore them in my now defunct clay target career, even though the "big boys" did.. but, fashion beats functionality six ways from Sunday. In the field, I'd always wear one on my left hand for picking briers out of the way, and on cold days, both hands. The gloves are uninsulated, so don't do much to break the cold, but they do cut the wind. 

I saw a write-up on these gloves in, I think, Gun Dog at least thirty years ago. I think they were golf gloves from Trophy Glove Company. Ultra thin deerskin, almost like not wearing gloves at all, but they were tough as nails. They fit my hands like.. well, a glove.

I've tried to find the company to get new ones, without too much success. If I could find them, I'd buy a half dozen pairs.. to last me out, and for some treasured friends.... That would leave about four pair for me... Yaaaay!

stwilgefortis

Until it gets real cold, winter golf gloves work great-fit tight ,good grip, relatively tough and inexpensive($20)..When it gets colder i shift to gardening gloves  by Bionic. They come in a variety of fabrics and colors, and cost about twice what the golf gloves do.

Swampy 16

Yesterday it got up to about 20 where I was and it was 8 starting out. The Orvis Outdry gloves kept me very warm, in fact I never thought about it til I was driving home.