Timn

Employee pricing trucks

Timn

I think I read on here that for around 100$ you could join a group and get employee pricing can someone help me out thanks.

Lurch

I know that when my company was part of the Big Three  we got employee pricing (family included) and could give out Supplier Pricing to anybody we wanted. Only gave away a couple, cuz at that time the automakers were spiralling down and started giving supplier pricing and even employee pricing to anyone, just to get sales. Never heard of a way to "buy" your way into employee pricing though.

dogrunner

I never heard of it. But sometimes people would sell a pin number which could get them into trouble if they got caught. 

River19

Depends on which manufacture really.  GM's Family First plan and Fords A plan (along with their X and D etc.) are all based on eligibility and usually result in a truck being sold at or below dealer cost.

My company has the GM plans available to us but I've never really looked too hard at it.

Not sure about "buying" your way into the plan pricing per se as an individual. 

blanked

I have a nephew who is a ford engineer.  The x plan he got me wasnt worth beans.  $200 off the sticker

dogrunner
16 hours ago, blanked said:

I have a nephew who is a ford engineer.  The x plan he got me wasnt worth beans.  $200 off the sticker

Now you should be able to get the A-plan from your nephew  and that is the cheapest you can get a Ford.    X-plan should have been more than $200 off even on there lowest priced vehicle, that don’t sound correct to me. 

topdog1961

My son in law has been on Toyotas flexible workforce for about a year and a half now. He should make the cut to become a permanent employee after he first of the year. At that time I can get family pricing. He says it depends on the demand for a vehicle. It could be only a few hundred to up to $10,000 for a slow moving high end Lexus. I don't think either would tempt me into buying a new vehicle. 

River19

I'm sure the supply and demand for a vehicle has much more impact on what level a deal someone will get on one of these plans.  I'm sure they would laugh hard at a deep discount on a Ford Raptor right now seeing as how they are selling for $10-30K above MSRP in certain areas of the country.

WI Outdoor Nut

I was able to get an X plan off of ford (2012) and if I recall it was around 8% off, not including the other incentives at the time.  I was looking at new trucks and inquired about an x plan.  The salesmen asked me if I was a Costco member, which I am.  He stated I will get a better deal from Costco than my X plan, at least right now. 

salmontogue

There is a dealer in central Massachusetts that routinely sells most current Ram models at 14% to 18% off MSRP.  No haggling is involved.  The four hundred mile drive is worth the inconvenience from northern Maine.

Ram offers a lifetime warranty on some models.

Perk

WI Outdoor Nut
1 minute ago, salmontogue said:

There is a dealer in central Massachusetts that routinely sells most current Ram models at 14% to 18% off MSRP.  No haggling is involved.  The four hundred mile drive is worth the inconvenience from northern Maine.

Ram offers a lifetime warranty on some models.

Perk

can you elaborate on the lifetime warranty?

dogrunner
25 minutes ago, River19 said:

I'm sure the supply and demand for a vehicle has much more impact on what level a deal someone will get on one of these plans.  I'm sure they would laugh hard at a deep discount on a Ford Raptor right now seeing as how they are selling for $10-30K above MSRP in certain areas of the country.

There is no A-plan on specialty vehicles like Raptor or other special type cars. But if your salesman is a buddy you might get a decent deal. Only certain dealers get allowed so many Raptors or specialty cars so they usually try and get top dollar for them. 

Fur and Feathers
1 hour ago, dogrunner said:

Now you should be able to get the A-plan from your nephew  and that is the cheapest you can get a Ford.    X-plan should have been more than $200 off even on there lowest priced vehicle, that don’t sound correct to me. 

We can get the x plan through my company I am pretty sure it is a percentage below dealer invoice. 

salmontogue
18 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

can you elaborate on the lifetime warranty?

https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/lifetime_warranty.cfm

A friend with a new Ram 1500 purchased the maximum care lifetime warranty for $ 1800 USD.  If you keep a vehicle a long time it would be a huge benefit.

Perk

salmontogue
10 minutes ago, Fur and Feathers said:

We can get the x plan through my company I am pretty sure it is a percentage below dealer invoice. 

Dealer invoice is normally 9% to 11% below MSRP not including destination charges.  There is also an advertising allowance and a hold back account included in dealer pricing.

I checked on the central MA Ram dealer and he has deals as much as 21% off MSRP.  I am guessing he buys groups of stock vehicles that have remained too long on the manufacturers inventory or buys quantity that are similarly equipped.

Insurance agents know typical vehicle market values but some insurance company personnel know precisely what they cost at dealer level.  It's a part of their business knowledge base.

Perk