FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
martyg

40% off Point6 Merino

EB&Me

Thanks Marty, my girlfriend will love these socks in her C'mas stocking.

martyg
6 minutes ago, EB&Me said:

Thanks Marty, my girlfriend will love these socks in her C'mas stocking.

Right on! The baselayers are awesome lounge wear for movie night at home too.

Ted Moore

Thanks for the tip. I need to replace a few pairs of socks that the dogs have eaten.

Dogwood

Thanks Marty!  Needed new ski base layers and socks.  Score!

SelbyLowndes

Thanks, bought some sox...SelbyLowndes

martyg
4 hours ago, Dogwood said:

Thanks Marty!  Needed new ski base layers and socks.  Score!

I've been using their Ultra Lightweight ski socks for four + years now. I have five pairs, and teach five days per week. I put a fresh pair on each day and then wash on the weekends. Even with five pairs, that is a lot of wear on each.

Point6 compact spins. Not all brands take that step. I'll be going into compact spinning in a future tech article on GearJunkie. That results in a much more durable product, but usually requires a finer, more expensive fiber, and is an extra, more expensive step in production.

Enjoy!

Up North

Thx. Order a base layer top.

River19

How does it compare to the stuff sold under the Ibex name previously before they shuttered the doors?

brushbuster

Thank you my wife was complaining about cold feet today so ordered a couple pair of socks for Christmas.  I am a huge fan of Darn Tough socks so I am interested in how these compare.

Jakeismydog2

Thanks. I ordered a set of baselayers. looking forward to trying them out.

Brad Eden

Marty, Point6 appears to be non-consumptive "outdoor recreation" based as far as branding and marketing. No mention or imaging depicting hunting. Hunting isn't listed in their drop down menu for "Activities" along with hiking, biking, running, etc. Does this company have any plans to embrace or market to Upland hunting or hunting in general. If so, maybe they would like to become a UJ Ad Sponsor. Info here: Sponsor Ad Specs/Rates

dogrunner

I ordered a top base and a pair of socks to try. But seen nowhere to put your code and the website put in its own code that was 25% off. I hope the base-layer is good because they are priced high. 

grouse28
3 hours ago, dogrunner said:

I ordered a top base and a pair of socks to try. But seen nowhere to put your code and the website put in its own code that was 25% off. I hope the base-layer is good because they are priced high. 

In the order menu there is a tab that says something to the effect “ I will use a code” and then the 40% is deducted in on the next page.

martyg
8 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Marty, Point6 appears to be non-consumptive "outdoor recreation" based as far as branding and marketing. No mention or imaging depicting hunting. Hunting isn't listed in their drop down menu for "Activities" along with hiking, biking, running, etc. Does this company have any plans to embrace or market to Upland hunting or hunting in general. If so, maybe they would like to become a UJ Ad Sponsor. Info here: Sponsor Ad Specs/Rates

Brad - I'll suggest to Peter.

The hunting market is tough for any brand. So much of the open to buy is controlled by a few entities, and those entities are very price point oriented. Consumer direct however opens opportunities.

Thanks for suggesting. UJ was great ROI for MOTHER.