FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Urban_Redneck

Boot laces

Urban_Redneck

I had the shoemaker replace the laces in my Danners when I had them resoled, the replacement laces are a fraying mess. Anyone have a recommendation for 84" laces?

Peent

Leather laces.  Order from Amazon.  They stay tied, tight, and last a long time if you keep them greased up.  First thing to do when getting a new pair of boots.  

ScottGrush

Had a lace break in the woods this year, hunting buddy had some good paracord with him, problem solved. 

I came home and thought I'd better replace the other one so I grabbed my paracord. Bad move. My stuff was cheap and lasted about a week before it was a mess. 

Moral of the story is use good paracord if you go that route. 

Brad Eden

Sinew from the front leg tendons of a good sized Whitetail deer. Saliva cured, braided and and stretched....

rolawson

Buy a roll of black parachute cord. I make leashes out of it as well. They do not take up room in your hunting vest. Buy the snaps you prefer and you are good to go. 

Cold Iron

Ironlaces. 84" according to Amazon I purchased them in 2015 and they will likely outlast any boot although they are spendy. They are stiff, but will not come untied unless you want them to.

bigjohnsd
7 minutes ago, Cold Iron said:

Ironlaces. 84" according to Amazon I purchased them in 2015 and they will likely outlast any boot although they are spendy. They are stiff, but will not come untied unless you want them to.

Those damn laces will be on your funeral boots if you don't make it back to South Dakota mate! JSNS

PartridgeCartridge

I prefer laces made from the eye lashes of Peruvian nuns woven in a time tested fashion by crippled children that live high in the Andes mountains.

You can get them on Amazon. Seriously.

mccuha

Ive grown to prefer no laces at all. I like the boots with rear or side zippers, or that slip on.  I hunt flat ground though and don't walk up and down a lot of hills.   PC I looked for the laces you like but they are out of stock. You must have gotten the last pair.:D

ccavacini
19 minutes ago, PartridgeCartridge said:

I prefer laces made from the eye lashes of Peruvian nuns woven in a time tested fashion by crippled children that live high in the Andes mountains.

I understand they'll throw erasers and smack the children's hands with a ruler if they don't work quick enough.

Urban_Redneck
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Sinew from the front leg tendons of a good sized Whitetail deer. Saliva cured, braided and and stretched....

Thanks Kemosabe!

Urban_Redneck
24 minutes ago, PartridgeCartridge said:

I had a pair of laces woven from the belly hair of the Dali Lama's favorite goat they wore like iron! Sadly, they were lost to a red squirrel that took up residence in my garage. The Lama hasn't taken my calls since the orange man was elected :( 

john mcg
1 minute ago, Urban_Redneck said:

I had a pair of laces woven from the belly hair of the Dali Lama's favorite goat they wore like iron! Sadly, they were lost to a red squirrel that took up residence in my garage. The Lama hasn't taken my calls since the orange man was elected :( 

I don't believe you.

Cooter Brown

It's been years since we had a good bootlace thread.  I was starting to worry about the place.