FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
MilRob

Crispi guide boots

MilRob

Really hoping these will end my constant quest of finding the “perfect” boot...

WMxeVjR.jpg

sidelock

How is the fit ? are they true to size ? Not available in my area and don't feel very comfortable ordering footwear on line for obvious reasons. I've seen them on sale but i don't know if listing the retailer on here is allowed.

MilRob

I found them on a really good sale omline and took a chance.    They fit true to size and felt really good working in the shop today.    Don’t think there will be much of a break in period with them.     

River19

My friend has them and swears by them.  And they see more miles in harsh conditions than many on here will ever put a boot through.

I came close to pulling the trigger on some and still may.

Enjoy them

Brad Eden

The Quest never ends...

Cold Iron

Great score Rob! I have mine on now and am going to wear them downtown to Mayo Clinic for a MRI in a couple hours. If they would let me wear them to work at Mayo I would LOL. I am on my 4th pair of Crispi boots my quest for the perfect boot ended with Crispi. Each additional pair is just icing on the cake. When not at work I have a pair of Crispi boots on. None of them required much of a break in.

I am normally a size 10 depending on the last of course. The Crispi boots are EU size so when they say size 10 they mean size 43 EU. I ended up having to go up to a 10.5 US or 44 EU in the Crispi. Which is typical of my foot, most others may get by with true to size on a brannock. But my feet are jacked up 6 ways from Sunday.

My Guides a year and a half ago at the Sweet 16 shoot guarding ~1K of 16 ga. Cheddite hulls I picked up for $40.

40068625331_04ea9c466b_b.jpg

The hunter was my first Crispi, this is the hunter after a hunting season compared to my then new Guides a couple of years ago.

31766235473_b61ef9e6a4_b.jpg

I also have the uninsulated Nevada and Idaho. They each have their place but I seem to find myself living in the Guides most of the time.

Hope they treat your feet as well as they have mine.

MilRob

What boot dressing do you use?

Cold Iron

On the Hunters I use the standard Russell Moccasin recommendation of cleaning with Fiebing’s 100% glycerine saddle soap let thoroughly dry then light coat of Obenauf’s Heavy Duty Leather Preservative heated into the leather. That has worked well for all my boots including a pair of RM which are more than 15 years old now. However on the Guide and other Crispi boots I do not do the Obenauf’s just clean with Fiebing’s SS and so far the leather is supple, waterproof and in good condition yet. Once they need leather conditioner I will likely go the Obenauf’s route. The Hunters of course get a lot more abuse so they get Obenauf’s. Crispi does sell their own leather care products and have thought about going that route when the time comes, but not sure yet.

martyg

Crispi makes a very good product.

madduckdog

I love mine will buy again

MilRob

Put 10 miles on them in the grouse woods today.   Very very happy and impressed by them.  

Don Steese

They cost some serious bucks, but if they're as good as some say they are, they'd be worth it!  

MilRob

Time will tell if they are worth it.    From the construction I don’t see why they won’t hold up for many years.   I certainly hope they do.   

Brad Eden
9 hours ago, Don Steese said:

They cost some serious bucks, but if they're as good as some say they are, they'd be worth it!  

Yeah, I need to start buying lottery ticketats to keep up with high end gear these days. But I always buy really good gear that lasts.

Jim Vander

I bought a pair of Crispi Nevada uninsulated this year. Alternated them with my Lowa GTX highs  on the prairie this year and found them outstanding. The price is def high but I found them worth it.