FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Don Steese

A plug for Sportdog service

Don Steese

I've got an old Sportdog 1850 beeper/shock collar unit. Haven't used it in years but discovered today I'd lost the charger. Called Sportdog customer service to purchase a replacement. Guy asks if I still had my Tek 1. Had to tell him I'd switched to an Astro and given the Tek 1 to a friend.  He said yes they had a replacement charger and that they were $15 plus shipping but he'd send one out as a customer service, no charge, and if I were ever thinking of upgrading my Astro he hoped I'd consider one of the new Tek series. Nice gesture I thought. 

Hettmoe

I bought a Tek 1 in August of last year. The battery won’t hold a charge as of last week, so I emailed them, asking if they would sell me a new battery, since I couldn’t find one online. After I sent them my model and serial numbers, they told me that they had already sent a new unit out for me, and that I should send my old one in when I get it. They are also sending a return mailer. Pretty Cool, if you ask me.

I am impressed.

Jakeismydog2

Good to hear. thats much better service than I received from them 5-6 years ago. Hopefully its a real change in how they do business.

gunsrus
5 hours ago, Jakeismydog2 said:

Good to hear. thats much better service than I received from them 5-6 years ago. Hopefully its a real change in how they do business.

Agree , several years ago I had an issue and they told me to go pound sand , nothing they could do . 

dogrunner
3 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Agree , several years ago I had an issue and they told me to go pound sand , nothing they could do . 

Yep, same thing they told me and a buddy, Screw them.  Much happier with my Dogtra and  Garmin Alpha. 

mccuha

Things could have changed. I had a collar that had electronic issues. For a small fee, can’t remember how much but they replaced it. They also let me buy additional collar for less than half price. I’d never had a sport dog until the last few years. I like the size. 

ccavacini

I have the same unit---1850.  Use it only for the Locate Beeper function.   Somehow, I pushed the mode button, and it got all messed up.  Called Sport Dog and they talked me through how to get the Locate Beeper going again.  Quite satisfied.

topdog1961

Sportdogs later model trainers with the rounded corners are worlds away better than the old rectangle shaped units. They are smaller, charge in a fraction of the time, and hold a charge longer. They also don't have the broken receiver antennae issue that plagued some of the older units. I'm happy with mine, especially for the price. 

Wirehair

I had a 1225 sport dog that I broke the remote on about 6 or 7 years ago and while told them it was my fault they still replaced it free of charge. I  now own a 825 cause o wanted the smaller collar and have been happy with that unit also.