FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Tim Frazier

Best rubber/neoprene boots for walking

Tim Frazier

I'm sure this has been asked before but with the last few falls being so wet I'm really left with needing a pair of knee boots I can walk 5 miles or so a day in.  I love my Lacross Burleys but I can't imagine that there aren't better boots for this purpose.

So what is your favorite?

Dogwood

I don't understand if you love your Burleys why not stick with them?  Really good boots IMO.

Snipeaholic

I have a pair of Muck chore boots that I've been very pleased with. My snipe stroll is about 3 miles or so & I have no discomfort from them during or after.

Jacksdad

I love my Muck Hosers BUT they have no ankle support and any climbing would have me looking elsewhere. 

Mike da Carpenter

I’ve settled on Lacrosse Aerohead boots for my rubber/neoprene boot needs.  5 miles a day no problem, but I also have a pair of custom fit orthotics in them too.  That could be contributing to their comfort level.

What I like most about the Aerohead boot is the rubber shin protector.  It keeps the brush from destroying the neoprene on the front.

Curt

I bought a pair of Muck wetlands this year.  Seems like some of my better spots always involve standing water in the wet years.  The jury is still out, they're comfortable with good tread, and certainly waterproof but I haven't used them enough to make a judgement on durability.

Tim Frazier
39 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

I don't understand if you love your Burleys why not stick with them?  Really good boots IMO.

And I might!

Samuel Hoggson

Most comfortable for walking were the Nokia Retki boots we used to get from Cabelas.  Replaceable felt liners.  Would have to get them from Canada now.  Looks like I'd want the Kaira, don't see the Retki. 

About done with my first pair of Muck Wetlands - after many years and several applications of Gorilla Glue.  Almost as comfortable as the Retki, but the heel backing wore out, so chews up socks now.  Can't complain too much.  Hear Santa's getting me another pair.   

River19

Le Chameau.......

Just scored some 50% off and I spent a whole day in them last weekend, really comfy.

Brad Eden

That's it! IAM STARTING A BOOTS SUB FORUM! This is like the Imelda Marcos of Upland discussion forums. 😳😆

WMassGriff
29 minutes ago, River19 said:

Le Chameau.......

Just scored some 50% off and I spent a whole day in them last weekend, really comfy.

50%off!! I'd even try them for that deal!

River19
28 minutes ago, WMassGriff said:

50%off!! I'd even try them for that deal!

Yeah a high end shoe store was going out of business (retiring) and they were a dealer.  Scored the Mid level Neoprene lined ones (Vierzonord) for like $145ish..... not a bad deal.  Online could get them for like $180 elsewhere but I was able to try them on etc.  and got the XL for extra calf room and I love their belt closure feature to tighten the calf area.....were awesome in the snow this weekend.

mister grouse

Academy Sports

Magellan Outdoors Men's Camo Jersey Knee Boot III Hunting Boot---$2999

I bought these first time on a whim for Great Lakes wet areas. They performed so well for a couple of years that l bought  a second identical dpair for 50% off on black friday  and they are on the shelf in reserve.  Surprising quality and a no brainer on price.    I have custom orthotics in them, as I use those in all boots.  

Jim Vander

++ Le Chameau

I recognize the number seems stupid, however Im still in a pair I bought in 98 and I use them a lot. One broken zipper tab is all. 

mhadley

Since it’s rained about 200 days in the last 340 around here I have really been spending time in rubber boots and appreciating them more. I just grabbed a pair of Hunter Balmoral boots with the Vibram sole during a Black Friday deal. I’ve have been impressed with the comfort of them. Other than that I haven’t had them long enough to develop any worthwhile opinions on durability or short comings.