Sign in to follow this  
MTRookie76

Artwork

MTRookie76

As many of you know last year I had a couple of derbies with Ike Todd. He had the dogs since they were puppies and trained them through their derby season. Ike's wife Marty is a very talented artist so it was a no-brainer to have her do paintings of the dogs' Touch's Malcolm Story and Touch's Gallatin Fire. I've been anxiously awaiting getting the paintings and they arrived yesterday. She did a great job, couldn't be happier. 

Malcolm Story on the left and Gallatin Fire on the right.

file-1.jpeg

WI Outdoor Nut

That is very cool.  Can you walk us through the process of how this was done - ie, photo of the dog, how the background was chose, is there a certain size canvas that is needed, cost?

MTRookie76
3 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

That is very cool.  Can you walk us through the process of how this was done - ie, photo of the dog, how the background was chose, is there a certain size canvas that is needed, cost?

My wife got with Marty to do these paintings as a birthday present for me. It was a very easy process for this particular project since Ike and Marty had the dogs since they were puppies and already had a good number of pictures of them. We sorted through a bunch of pictures and Marty used a few for reference to create the paintings. They are not an exact copy of any picture. Below are a few pictures she used. The cost was very reasonable, I'll PM you that.

file1.jpeg

file-1.jpeg

file2.jpeg

MTRookie76

B9A3A5FB-15D4-4846-AB7E-DE4DC06926CE.jpeg