WMassGriff

Cellphone Case for the field?

WMassGriff

Going to take the leap from my handily stored flip phone to a smart phone. What do you use to carry/protect the phone in the field?

Brad Eden

IMG_0950.JPG

Welcome to the dark side. I was a late joiner too...from my flip phone to the smart phone.

IPhone 5 (I need to upgrade) with Otter Box case. This shows the back. Hard core covers/cases aren't really built to take on and off a smart phone. They stay on full time. I probably don't need a cover this rugged since I'm not klutzy and rarely abuse or drop my phone. There are cases for all if not most smart phones, Mac or Android etc.

WAGinVA

I second the Otter Box, I have one on an old Motorola Droid Mini that is ancient but still works OK.

Marc Ret

Another vote for Otterbox. My IPhone 4, 5s and current SE have all gone in one from day one. Every time I've upgraded, the salesperson has tried to buy my phone. I still use my 10yo IPhone 4 as an IPod and it looks (and works) as good as the day I bought it. My phones daily ride in my tool belt at work and don't get babied on my job sites. 

Probably not a motivator to purchase a product but the founder of Otterbox is very passionate about hunting.  

salmontogue

Otterbox always

MSchafer

I have a lifeproof case and it has held up well for me on the drop test but  I wouldn't trust the waterproofness my first one lost the pad over the power inlet and was a bit scratched they sent a new one no questions asked just had to return the old one. I have had the otterbox before and they also protected my phone for drops but I found them to thick for my pocket carry, I would suggest the screen protector even if your putting it in a case from the start.  

DonT

Otterbox Defender on my last 3 I phones

airmedic1

I have an Otterbox on my iPhone 6 work phone and my iPhone 8s personal phone.  Buy them at Amazon or off eBay rather than the phone store.  They will be about 1/2 price or less.  The Otterbox is also guaranteed for life.  They are a good company.

Fur and Feathers

Another vote for the otter box defender. I couldn't keep  a smart phone with out it. I've dropped my phones dozens of times with it, and so far so good. I have no experience with other brands and they may be just as good. 

terrym

Otter box here too.