gwponr

time for a new e collar

gwponr

I have had the same E collar and garmin for over 10 years with minimal issues, I think they replaced part of one of the collars several years back. Lately I have to re calibrate the garmin every couple days, and on this last trip sometimes it took 20 minutes to find the collar. On the e collar, I wasn't having the desired effect when introducing my young draht to it. It never occurred to me that it would loose its power so I never checked it. This week out hunting she decided she wanted to chase some cows, so I turned to up to fry mode and let her have it, nothing didn't even flinch. Fortunately one of the cows was having none of her BS and stomped her foot and went at Dora and she turned tail and ran. I put the other collar on Patch but haven't hit the button on him all season. I put Dora's collar in my hand and pushed the button and all I get is a little tickle on 6. I guess its time to upgrade to the Alpha

Jazz4Brazo

Or just get a new replacement battery...rechargeable batteries don't last forever...worth considering unless you really want a new upgraded collar LOL.

WPG Gizmo

Replace the batteries it is not hard at all and a whole lot cheaper

aje4

Agreed....I just replaced my Dogtra batteries this year and they are as good as new again....

gwponr
4 minutes ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

Or just get a new replacement battery...rechargeable batteries don't last forever...worth considering unless you really want a new upgraded collar LOL.

Yea, you got my number.... it's a just a reason.... excuse for the upgrade....lol   I need a second collar for the garmin also  and Im not sure if batteries is the issue with it.

There I go with another reason...... umm excuse

Do you know the difference between a reason and an excuse????

To the person giving it, it's a reason. to the person listening, it's an excuse.

Jazz4Brazo

😀 Carry on and don't let logic get in the way of a new purchase!!

gwponr

4dfe01eb-ccd7-49f8-9653-d20115d9f21b_zps

Patch is 8 now nine next season, so maybe I was thinking of lighting his load by a collar

Reason?????   Excuse??????

You decide....lol

Jazz4Brazo

Good looking Boy...I say whatever he needs/wants then by all means help out that boy!

nutcase
3 hours ago, gwponr said:

4dfe01eb-ccd7-49f8-9653-d20115d9f21b_zps

Patch is 8 now nine next season, so maybe I was thinking of lighting his load by a collar

Reason?????   Excuse??????

You decide....lol

I have the e-collar receiver on the GPS collar.  Works out pretty good.

gwponr

So I talked to gun dog supply today, while I ordered the garmin Alpha when I tried to get batteries for my old pro 100 G2 trip tronics. She informed me that that batter supplier they were getting batteries for quit making them for the older models and has just sold out of the last of what they had a week or so ago. I was also told that the two other places that still had them had run out also, the woman I spoke to didn't seem to happy about it as they were a really good seller.

lee sykes

Amazon has them.  search Tritronics battery replacement. That's where I buy my dogtra batteries.   

gwponr
38 minutes ago, lee sykes said:

Amazon has them.  search Tritronics battery replacement. That's where I buy my dogtra batteries.   

I just did as much as I hate to buy from Amazon, all of the ones I found are currently unavailable

mccuha

You might want to check with batteries plus.  I’ve had good luck getting batteries from them. They also make up rechargeable batteries 

gwponr
29 minutes ago, mccuha said:

You might want to check with batteries plus.  I’ve had good luck getting batteries from them. They also make up rechargeable batteries 

I will check them out I got the Alpha and used it yesterday but would still like to use the older tri tronics for training