Dongotto

Herters on sale

Dongotto

Just left Cabelas site and several different Herters offerings are on sale. 

Dave in Maine

ICYMI, it's a clearance sale.  Buy 'em now because they're being eliminated.

TJK68

Ordered some yesterday, 16 gauge. I may have to order some 20's as well.

chilly460

Just grabbed some as well.  FYI, and this makes no sense, but if you pick up case it'll be normal $59.99, but individual boxes are $4.88 for dove&quail and target loads.  

Also, the 12ga Pheasant loads 1 1/4oz #5s were only $5.88 so grabbed a few of them.  

dogrunner

Gunclubs are on sale at Dick's. 

Dongotto
1 hour ago, dogrunner said:

Gunclubs are on sale at Dick's. 

Its in store only. 

dogrunner
13 minutes ago, Dongotto said:

Its in store only. 

Well then hurry up before there gone. 😉

A80E0551-E5F9-4394-84E1-2494F1892B9C.jpeg

steveziv

Bought a(nother) flat of 20 gauge target loads, plus 20 gauge 5's and 6's for hunting, steel 7's for WMA doves, and a couple boxes of .410 7.5's for $4.88 just because they were $4.88.

I calculate my 20 gauge reloads cost about $4 / box, but I still jump on deals since its nice to leave 'em on the SC course.

I bought some Gun Clubs at Dick's a couple months ago (on sale + 10% off coupon) but I felt kind icky, won't do that again.

dogrunner
14 minutes ago, steveziv said:

Bought a(nother) flat of 20 gauge target loads, plus 20 gauge 5's and 6's for hunting, steel 7's for WMA doves, and a couple boxes of .410 7.5's for $4.88 just because they were $4.88.

I calculate my 20 gauge reloads cost about $4 / box, but I still jump on deals since its nice to leave 'em on the SC course.

I bought some Gun Clubs at Dick's a couple months ago (on sale + 10% off coupon) but I felt kind icky, won't do that again.

3 flats and I feel fine. 

Mike da Carpenter

Thank you for the notice.  Just picked up 2 cases of 20 gauge #8.  Membership here just paid for itself.  I love getting a deal.

Mike da Carpenter

Man you all can spend a guy’s money.  Just went back and bought another case of #5 shot to take out to SD next year.  If I was confident, I would have only bought a single box, but well...maybe I should go get another case.

tut

Wonder if they are being discontinued because of the merger of Bass Pro and Cabelas?   PS.  Did by a case (plus 1 box) of 20's  so I could get free shipping.  Great buy on the 16 gauge 1 1/8 ounces loads, but I don't like to shoot that big of a load out of my Foxes. 

studdog

Checked the site and they didn't have much variety of Herters to offer.  are they really phasing them out?

Dave Erickson

Sadly they appear to be going away. The 16 ga. 1 oz.  8's were a nice claybusting load, and the flats often went on sale and could be had for $54-$59 with free shipping if you bought a couple. The 1 1/8 oz loading is excellent and I particularly like the 5's for pheasants. The 12 ga. "Low Recoil" loads will also be missed, for they were great for vintage guns or simply shooting light 12's at the range.

Snipeaholic
15 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Well then hurry up before there gone. 😉

A80E0551-E5F9-4394-84E1-2494F1892B9C.jpeg

That is a good start. Were they out of 7 1/2?