REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Temp Check Across UJ Land

fourtrax57

30* F. this AM. Cloudy, sleet, snow, 30 knot winds off Lake Superior.

"Gone spearing"

Rockdoc

Because the area I live in is at 4,500' it gets colder than Tucson or Phoenix. Currently at 6am it's 35 degrees, the days high is expected to be 58 degrees. Last week I awoke to a frozen water supply line, it took until 10am to thaw. Life is so hard, so very hard...

Steve

OMG! I nearly forgot, last week it snowed here, about 4-5" and it took until noon to melt... Oh, the humanity!

snood

6 degrees at my place this morning. 19 for a high later, light winds.  May have to run the pups today.

max2

12 here in central upstate NY.  Probably total snow from past couple days on the ground 4 inches.

pa'tridge hunters

5 degrees in Ellsworth at 8:24. Hopefully the wind won't howl today.

Fur and Feathers

-2 in way upstate northern NY at 8:45 a.m.

spinfly

18 at my house right now in WNY, a few inches of snow from the other days "storm." Has been a mild winter so far, snow totals down and lake effect machine has not kicked in yet this year.

MUSTANGER7

Finally got cold here, yesterday it was 34 when I took the dogs out, no quail but the dogs enjoyed being bird dogs, it was around 50 by ten.

Mike da Carpenter

25* when I got up this morning.  A week ago today, I was washing my truck in a t-shirt and shorts (high 50’s). Still looking at the grass here too.  Normally, we are shoveling snow daily and hating being outside.  Nope, not this year.  Winter is 1/2 over and I’m loving it.

Mike da Carpenter
2 hours ago, salmontogue said:

Downeast Maine  Now 2F, Today's high 15F  Wind WNW @ 10mph

I was thinking of hunting geese but decided to make a huge pot of chili, another of seafood chowder and a steak and kidney pie.  The dogs are supervising.

Perk

Perk, please elaborate on the Steak and Kidney pie.

Starsky

35 at 6:30 am heading to 52.  I'm about 60 miles inland from the Pacific coastline.

Larry Brown

Mid-20's expected for a high today, north central WI.  Gradual warming trend for a few days.  Ground is covered with snow, and the last snowfall we had (only a few inches, but heavy and wet) wiped out my mail box when the plow came by.  But for the most part, my riding mower-mounted snowblower isn't getting much of a workout this year.  And on the news the other night, I saw that several ice fishing shacks were sinking on a nearby lake.

406dn

27 degrees, clear skies, light wind. Not sure what today's high will be, likely low 40's. The snow we received ten-twelve days ago is mostly gone.

Last winter was a bit^h. So far this winter is very easy. 

Marc Ret

25° at the moment. Forecast is high of 33° with 2"-4" snow overnight, wish they were calling for considerably more accumulation and colder temps.  Other than a short spell of cold the end of November, it's been way too warm here. Spent half a day supplementing the existing insulation in my attic with a layer of R30 the other day and I was soaked to the bone with sweat from crawling around it was that warm. Winter here sure isn't what it used to be. 

Dick Sellers

Here in central Montana, winter has taken a break.  Yesterday was 52F and no snow on the ground.  Crazy.  It was such a poor year for birds, I haven't been out harassing them much this winter, but ran the dogs yesterday and had 1 point on a covey of 7 Huns.  No pictures.