REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Temp Check Across UJ Land

Brad Eden

High 50's yesterday and today. 30° tomorrow with snow predictions in my area ranging from 2-4 or 4-8 inches. We typically end up in the high end. Maine always kicks you in the ass in April. Not complaining. just saying. (I resisted the temptation yesterday to clean out shed and move shovels and snow rakes in and garden tools out...)

Snipeaholic

89 was the highest I saw yesterday. Muggy and thunderstorms. Summer is going to set in all too soon.

Don Steese

60's on the banks of the Mississippi in Memphis this morning. We were going to do some sightseeing but it's gonna rain off and on all day. Guess we'll just mosey along.

DD Huntress

Things are looking up here. 71 yesterday and the turkeys were gobbling away thin morning.

Dave in Maine

Snowing like mad here in Portland.  After 60-ish weather yesterday and Saturday, we have a good inch-plus on the ground since 7:30, i.e., in the last 2 hours.  Yards are covered, streets getting that way.  It recently changed from lots of big, heavy wet flakes to lots of big, fluffy light flakes.  Weatherman this morning was calling for 4-8 across a lot of the state with up to 12 in the mountains.  Schools ... closed.

Brad Eden

27°. Snowing. Close to 3" so far. Supposed to snow and snow shower until 4 AM tomorrow. At this rate we should easily reach the predicted 8 inches if not more. Ground and gravel driveway are soaked and soft from snow melt and high 50's temps. Not putting plow on truck. Trying to decide which implement will dig up or fling less dirt and gravel...the tractor or the snowthrower.

walt lister

88* now. 92* tomorrow. 78* Friday.

Larry Brown

It would appear winter isn't done with northern WI either.  Snow forecast for Weds/Thurs.  Good thing I haven't called the shop to come pick up my John Deere, remove the snowblower, and put the mower deck back on.

Scar

81 and beautiful here today and here I sit listening to incompatible people argue about their three year old son :(  

Ben Hong

We're right in the middle of a dump. 3 inches on the ground with maybe 3 more to come...so they  f*cking say!

sprocket

Frankie MacDonald from Sydney Nova Scotia will keep you updated and entertained 

max2

I'm predicting at least one more snow storm before memorial day weekend.....

just a hunch 🤔

Brad Eden

As predicted. We ended up with just over 6 inches is my guess. Enough to be a PIA. Tried snowthrower first but it was throwing gravel. Then the Kubota that worked fine of I keep the lip of bucket just above the driveway surface. Just enough snow moving to clear a swath for JoAnn to get into driveway and garage. I'll likely fire it up again today for some clean up so when it melts this week I don't have a load of slush all over. Another 3-4 inches over the next couple days. To think I had pulled the old black plastic off some raised beds just last week in preparation for spring gardening...Maine ALWAYS punches you in the face. Not complaining. just saying.

max2
54 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

As predicted. We ended up with just over 6 inches is my guess. Enough to be a PIA. Tried snowthrower first but it was throwing gravel. 

This is what 4 wd is for. This time of yr drive right over it. Like my friends dad would say this time of year after a snow fall " the good lord brought it -let him take it home  " strong sun this time of year. the snow shovel will be on the front porch until memorial day.

I see blizzard warning out west some where on this mornings news . Gotta love northern life !

Brad Eden
3 minutes ago, max2 said:

This is what 4 wd is for. This time of yr drive right over it. Like my friends dad would say this time of year after a snow fall " the good lord brought it -let him take it home  " strong sun this time of year. the snow shovel will be on the front porch until memorial day.

I see blizzard warning out west some where on this mornings news . Gotta love northern life !

Certainly. But if left, it becomes a slush pit on a nearly 300 foot gravel driveway.  If I have time I'd rather just move it. Plus I never get tired of playing around on the tractor.