REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Temp Check Across UJ Land

gunsrus
On 5/22/2019 at 11:10 AM, bigjohnsd said:

I-90 is out there past that last pine tree about 70 yards.  Open, but no travel advised. We got 12-15" of Heavy Wet Snow here in the Black Hills, 25 miles to the East just got rain.

On May 22 , geesh  !!!

1971snipe

Feels like 100, with Abt 100% humidity.  Storm trying to form in the Gulf, but I'm praying it won't.  Still lots of rain though.  Ready to batten down hatches, but hope and pray we won't need to.  Still remembering H.Harvey from a couple years ago.  

jeff88
13 minutes ago, 1971snipe said:

Feels like 100, with Abt 100% humidity.  Storm trying to form in the Gulf, but I'm praying it won't.  Still lots of rain though.  Ready to batten down hatches, but hope and pray we won't need to.  Still remembering H.Harvey from a couple years ago.  

102 yesterday at 4 PM.  High humidity to help make the heat feel hotter.  We're waiting to see what the gulf sends us this weekend.  Already have had enough with the rain this year.

mccuha

In the upper 90’s with almost 100% humidity.  It sucks in the south.  At least the guys out West usually don’t have the humidity to deal with.  Can’t wait till fall 

walt lister
1 hour ago, mccuha said:

In the upper 90’s with almost 100% humidity.  It sucks in the south.  At least the guys out West usually don’t have the humidity to deal with.  Can’t wait till fall 

We usually have low humidity until the Monsoon season starts around mid July and then *110 with high humidity will keep you in the house with the AC struggling

*106 here (Wickenburg) right now but only 12% humidity so bearable. On my exercise walk this AM it was *99 when I started and *103 when I finished at 10:00 AM. 

Kansas Big Dog

Got up into the mid 60's here in northern LP of Mich. today. Down to 49 tonight. Loving it. 😁

Ben Hong

We have had a stretch of fine dry weather up here in NB.  Temps in the mid to high 70s all week. My kind of weather and if it weren't for the blackflies and skeeters...

max2

Today was just gorgeous here the type day that makes outside folks want to live here full time. 78 slight breeze at times and not a cloud in the sky ! 

Ontdon

Supposed to have a humidex of 47*C Friday 115*F. That's too hot for this old Canadian boy. Let the snow begin.

Natty Bumpo

Weather-Guessers predicting a major heat wave coming for North Eastern states, possibly setting records. LUV your AC...........

Brad Eden

91° 7/20/19.

Heading 20 minutes away this late afternoon/evening to the coastal town of Belfast to grab some grub at a festival on the waterfront. Should be a good 10° degree cooler with the ocean breeze. Bringing a blanket so we can stretch out and listen to some live music. They don't call this Vacationland for nothing...living in Maine has its advantages for a few months of the year. 

OH Grouser

High summer here in the Miami valley today, 94 degrees with the heat index at 105 or so. It's just miserable out there. I took Maggie dog swimming in the creek this afternoon, about the only exercise she gets this time of year. It's been like this for the last couple days and no relief in sight until Monday, when it's supposed to cool off quite a bit. A good October cold front sure would feel good about now.

Roger

Brad Eden

Still sticky here in mid Maine, but isn't supposed to reach 90° today. First night we ran an AC in our upstairs bedroom for half the night. We did hit Belfast last evening and enjoyed some Celtic music at the Celtic festival (not the basketball team). It was cooler overlooking the harbor. Thunderstorm mid day which should cool things down a bit.

Millriver

Has been brutal here too, heat index of 105 yesterday, supposed to be near that today. Going to cool tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be that stifling humidity, sweat pouring off,  can't breathe air. It's  just plain hot.

Can't complain too much, it's mid July. Usually this comes here in mid June. Belfast sounds nice Brad, I could use a dose of the salt air and a lobster roll!

Grifish

I really don’t mind heat but the humidity last night was the worst I’ve ever experience, the jungle and the Everglades came in 2nd and 3rd.

I think the dew point was 78 degrees. Welcome to Africa.