max2

Wood Duck Houses

Brad Eden

The are a couple boxes in the Marsh I co own out behind the house. This Marsh was managed at one point as wetland habitat by the Maine Inland Fishe & Wildlife. Not sure if they put them up or my neighbor do who has lived next door for 30 years or so. Ducks of several varieties are flying in right now. There are a couple beaver ponds across the road, one is a hidden gem up high and hidden in the woods that is a haven for wood ducks.

max2
5 hours ago, sharptail grouse said:

You know after reading your post I remembered a couple college buddies and myself trying to do that very thing when we were attempting to build a duck blind. I agree - photo documentation would be key here.

Wait until you guys  see the hammer I will use to drive the 4x4 it has a 35 lb head. Yes that is correct 35lb. 😀

Also Update- today I went out to get the broke off piece of the  metal pole out of the pond. Yesterday I placed the duck house further out into the pond with the  shortened pole. Temporary fix. I started with a spud bar to free up the old pole and after a couple minutes of working at it and making noises  a duck flew out of the box. I was happy to see her back. I will keep my fingers crossed.  

MAArcher

sharptail grouse
16 hours ago, max2 said:

Wait until you guys  see the hammer I will use to drive the 4x4 it has a 35 lb head. Yes that is correct 35lb. 😀

Also Update- today I went out to get the broke off piece of the  metal pole out of the pond. Yesterday I placed the duck house further out into the pond with the  shortened pole. Temporary fix. I started with a spud bar to free up the old pole and after a couple minutes of working at it and making noises  a duck flew out of the box. I was happy to see her back. I will keep my fingers crossed.  

Hopefully you have a wide and stable jon boat. :o

Wisconsin

Yep. It’s that time of the year.

4F1BDD41-50F8-4190-BE00-32091460A6B3.jpeg

E336FFB3-9964-4ED5-98A7-9B831E226B56.jpeg