Irishwhistler

CSMC REVELATION 20 GAUGE RAFFLE

Irishwhistler

Fellow UJ'ers,

Through the corporation and generosity of Brad Eden / Upland Journal, I have been granted permission to seek the assistance of the UJ community in regard to a fundraiser held in honor of my Fallen Brother Officer, C. O. James V. Spignesi Jr..  As many or the UJ community are aware, C. O. Spignesi was tragically killed in the line of duty on 20 NOVEMBER 1998 while conducting a patrol to combat illegal deer hunting activity.  Jim and I were friends for over twenty years and were fellow squad mates when he was killed.  I responded to the Code Red -"OFFICER DOWN" call that night, a horrific memory that will remain with me for all of my days.

The Connecticut Conservation Officer's Association (CCOA) and the Spignesi Scholarship Fund annual hosts a Banquet, Auction, and Raffles Event that has helped us in offering a yearly $10,000 scholarship at the University of Connecticut School of Agriculture and Natural Resources Engineering, Jim's alma mater where he studied wildlife biology and management sciences.  Jim proudly and honorably served the State Of Connecticut initially as a wildlife biologist and subsequently as a State Game Warden / Environmental Conservation Police Officer.  It was truly my honor to have served with Jim, a true example of dedicated professionalism.

In addition to the Memorial Scholarship at UCONN, our officer's association and the Spignesi Scholarship Fund also offers sponsors two additional $1500 scholarships to graduating high school seniors and conducts a number of support initiatives to the families of first responders killed or severely in cured in the line of duty, military personnel KIA,  and an array of wildlife conservation, education, and community based projects.  All of our dedicated work in this regard is in keeping with the generous and loving human spirit exemplified by Jim Throughout his life.

All said, the CCOA is holding a raffle of an upgraded CSMC Revelation 20 Gauge Over / Under Shotgun in support of our efforts this year.  This beautiful shotgun  is being offered by the cooperative effort of CCOA and CSMC.  The  shotgun offered will have an upgraded English style straight stock and 28" tubes.  As many of you that frequent UJ are aware, the quality of make of any CSMC made firearms is simply stated as "OUTSTANDING" !

The CSMC Revelation will be raffled at our annual C.O. James V. Spignesi Jr. Memorial Scholarship Banquet And Fundraiser Event on Saturday April 27th, 2019 and ticket holders need not be present at the drawing to win.  I will post the winner on UJ subsequent to the drawing.  Tickets are $10 each and there is no limit to the number of tickets you may purchase.  UJ members interested in purchasing raffle tickets for chances at winning this wonderful shotgun are urged to private message me on this board to make arrangements for purchase.  Winner of shotgun will be responsible for any applicable shipment, FFL transfer fees, and sales tax.

Additionally, any UJ'ers that might be interested in attending this event are also urged to contact me to make reservations for what is always a memorable evening shared with folks of like interests in support of wildlife conservation and conservation education.  Tickets are $40 per person and include the banquet and a fun filled night inclusive of a live auction, silencing t auction, and ongoing raffles throughout the event.  Private message me here on UJ to make arrangements to purchase event tickets.  Seating for this event is limited to 300 persons and the banquet sells out every year.  Your support of this event holds significant meaning to the Spignesi Family,  to Jim's Brother and Sister Officers, and to the law enforcement and first responder community that share many fond memories of working cooperatively with C. O. Spignesi.

PLEASE join me in my efforts to maintain honor and memory of C. O. James V. Spignesi Jr.

15179Resized.jpg.41223a2c9f75b770162fa3d293b28c6e.jpg 

C.O. JAMES V. SPIGNESI JR.  SHIELD #648,  NEVER FORGOTTEN.

On behalf of CCOA, the SPIGNESI FOUNDATION, the Spignesi Family, and the Connecticut State Environmental Conservation Police,  and myself, I extend our sincere gratitude to all  that partner with us in making this year's effort a great success.

Special appreciation extended to Brad Eden / UPLAND JOURNAL, Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company, The Connecticut Conservation Officer's Association, and The Spignesi Foundation for their efforts to support this year's event.  THANK YOU.

Respectfully,

Sgt. Mike Enright (Ret.)

Connecticut State Environmental Conservation Police

Connecticut Conservation Officer's Association.

Millriver

A fine man and a fine cause. As discussed Mike, I'll take 5 tickets for the shotgun raffle and let you know if I can make it to the dinner. You are to be commended for keeping Jim's memory alive.

Irishwhistler
1 minute ago, Millriver said:

A fine man and a fine cause. As discussed Mike, I'll take 5 tickets for the shotgun raffle and let you know if I can make it to the dinner. You are to be commended for keeping Jim's memory alive.

Dave,

Thank you for your support.  Duty bound to maintain honor for our Fallen Brother.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Irishwhistler

Aye Mates,

Bumping this to the top so that folks don't miss out on the opportunity to helps us out while taking a chance(s) to win the beautiful CSMC 20 Gauge Revelation Shotgun we are offering.  PM  me  to make arrangements to participate.

My sincere thanks to the UJ'ers that have contacted me with their donations so far.  Deeply appreciated !

Best to all,

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Brad Eden

I'm moving this around the Board for better exposure. Beautiful shotgun for raffle for a good cause. Here is a link to the CSMC website with info on this particular shotgun along with value.

CSMC Revelation 20 gauge

quailguy

Bump

Cheesy

Just saw this bump. 

PM sent to the Irish guy. :)

Brad Eden

Tippity Top....

Brad Eden

Mike, put me down for two tickets for the shotgun raffle. Message me who to make a check out to and where to send it. Thanks.

Irishwhistler
3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Mike, put me down for two tickets for the shotgun raffle. Message me who to make a check out to and where to send it. Thanks.

Ye have me most sincere and heartfelt thanks Brad.👍

I'll send ye a PM.

Cheers Mate,

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Gce61

PM sent for mailing address and details, put me down for 4 tks,

Thanks

Greg

RayB

PM sent for 5

Irishwhistler

Aye Mates,

My most sincere appreciation to all of the UJ'ers that have partnered with us to date in an effort to make this year's fundraiser a success.  Clearly many of ye recognize that C.O. Spignesi shared your passion for our natural resources and the outdoor pursuits that bond us all here on UJ.  Each day I am receiving checks with requests made to purchase tickets for the beautiful CSMC Revelation Shotgun that CCOA is offering as the prize.  Additionally and equally as important, I have received a number of highly supportive comments regarding C.O. Spignesi and the sacrifice he and his family have made.  As a longtime friend of Jim's and a Brother Officer serving on the same squad, I can tell you I have been highly moved by the support rendered by UJ'ers and have shed more than a few tears as I read your comments.  All commentary will be passed on to Jim's family and they will surely appreciate any sentiments so expressed in knowing that Jim has not been forgotten.

The winning raffle ticket will be drawn on Saturday 4/27/19 at the C.O. James V. Spignesi Jr. Memorial  Scholarship Banquet and CCOA Fundraiser and I will announce on UJ whom the lucky winner is.  It would give me great joy for it to be an UPLAND JOURNAL member.  So friends, please keep the ticket requests and notes of support coming.  My most sincere gratitude to all the Upland Journal members that are lending me their assistance in this initiative.  THANK YOU !!!

Respectfully,

Mike / Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Brad Eden

Pinned for a spell

Brad Eden

Check is in the mail FWIW... 💰 😊