Pat Berry

Back seat covers for dogs

Pat Berry

If you weren't already cynical about searching for products on the interwebs, try looking at reviews for dog seat covers. Most of the results generate nondescript URL names that look to me like advertising pages for Amazon, a specific line of products, or an online retailer's suite of offerings. Anyway, hopefully that's where you all come in...

My dogs ride in kennels while hunting and at field trials and hunt tests, but they just ride around in the back seat of my truck around town. I have a few friends with the Orvis hammock style covers-- which they like very much-- but they are super pricey. Any other suggestions for back seat covers that are durable and fit well? If it's helpful, I have a 2011 Tundra Double Cab.

Kansas Bound

I have the Mud River covers that have treated me well.  They should be a little less than Orvis. 

UplandHntr
12 minutes ago, Kansas Bound said:

I have the Mud River covers that have treated me well.  They should be a little less than Orvis. 

me too. it's a blanket style that has straps/buckles that go around the head rests to hold them up etc. good product

Virgil Kane

I have the 4Knines rear seat cover and like it a lot.  My back seat splits for folding up one side or the other and the 4Knines seat cover is split so I can still use this feature.  Has straps that go over the head rests and attachments to hold the cover in place on the seat. Easy to put in and take out and fit my 2011 Silverado extended cab back seat perfect.

I like mine !

https://4knines.com/

Virgil

gunsrus

Had the Orvis for a couple years now . Well Worth it !

Brad Eden

FWIW. I put some cordura Cabelas Brand seat covers (TrailGear line I think) over both my front seats and rear in my 4 door first gen Tundra. They have stood up well for the last 8 or more years, and thats with multiple dogs using the back seat over the years. 

WMassGriff

Orvis for my wife's SUV. Always a crate in my 4Runner.

River19
1 hour ago, Kansas Bound said:

Same here.

We have 2.  One in the Tundra and one in the Lexus GX.....cut a slit for the seatbelt for a harness for one of three dogs and we are good to go.

The covers are both going on about 3-5 years of abuse

paul frey

I think I just saw that Carhartt came out with seat covers.  May be worth a look.  Sorry I cant be of more help.  My girls always ride in the kennels in the back of the truck. 

Not to preach, your dog do as you like... I have a friend that had his field setter (small Irish Setter) in the front seat of his truck just going out to the store.  Someone swerved into his lane and hit him head-on.  The dog hit the windshield and one of the dogs eyes popped out of the socket.  They were able to repair the dog (dog kept the eye) but my friend said the dog was never the same after that.  Please note, this comes as no disrespect of what you do with your dogs.  Good Luck

Pat Berry
3 hours ago, paul frey said:

I think I just saw that Carhartt came out with seat covers.  May be worth a look.  Sorry I cant be of more help.  My girls always ride in the kennels in the back of the truck. 

Not to preach, your dog do as you like... I have a friend that had his field setter (small Irish Setter) in the front seat of his truck just going out to the store.  Someone swerved into his lane and hit him head-on.  The dog hit the windshield and one of the dogs eyes popped out of the socket.  They were able to repair the dog (dog kept the eye) but my friend said the dog was never the same after that.  Please note, this comes as no disrespect of what you do with your dogs.  Good Luck

Actually, I appreciate the respectful warning and take zero offense. I am aware of the dangers, but few things make me smile like driving around my rural community with the dogs hanging out with me.

Pat Berry
5 hours ago, Virgil Kane said:

I have the 4Knines rear seat cover and like it a lot.  My back seat splits for folding up one side or the other and the 4Knines seat cover is split so I can still use this feature.  Has straps that go over the head rests and attachments to hold the cover in place on the seat. Easy to put in and take out and fit my 2011 Silverado extended cab back seat perfect.

I like mine !

https://4knines.com/

Virgil

Virgil, I looked at those, but was worried the material flap against the seat to the door-side of the head rest would fold over because it's not fastened in any way. I have had that problem on some other seat covers I own.

Chukarman

GT Covers offers many, one that I have used and like is water resistant and proof against dog hair.

casts_by_fly
6 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

FWIW. I put some cordura Cabelas Brand seat covers (TrailGear line I think) over both my front seats and rear in my 4 door first gen Tundra. They have stood up well for the last 8 or more years, and thats with multiple dogs using the back seat over the years. 

Same here. Also working on 8 years and no wear at all. 

Rick

WPG Gizmo

Mud River had one for many years other then some blood on it from hauling a deer it still looks new

Mike da Carpenter
8 hours ago, Kansas Bound said:

I have the Mud River covers that have treated me well.  

Me too.