Fishing on the Sacramento River the night prior to the hunt

D316D772-D043-43A1-9EE2-B2842EA190C2.jpeg

Kemo Sabe

Picking up the decoys

61450417-014C-427B-8351-00F3D500C3D3.jpeg

Kemo Sabe

Can’t wait to do it all again!

Rick Hall

At the end of our last, I found myself feeling at a loss for off-season plans and projects to improve our lot next season, and now I find myself procrastinating on the few I came up with.  Perhaps subconsciously trying to stretch them out to help pass the long months between now and September teal time.  More likely just lazy...

SelbyLowndes

Kemo Sabe, don't mope about duck season, just go to Saskatchewan next month and catch the Spring Snow Goose migration.  You can't shoot the ducks but you are free to enjoy them in their prime breeding colors.  Just freelance it anywhere between  Regina and Saskatoon and shoot till your heart's content.  No trailer full of equipment required; just find four fields full of them and then get permission from the farmer to sit in a fencerow somewhere between the flocks or figure out where they are watering.  I once counted 15 different species of duck pairs one morning waiting on the Snows to come to water...SelbyLowndes 

C.J.L.
On 3/27/2019 at 11:17 PM, Kemo Sabe said:

Fishing on the Sacramento River the night prior to the hunt

D316D772-D043-43A1-9EE2-B2842EA190C2.jpeg

Whatcha catching?  Sturgeon?  

Kemo Sabe

Striped Bass mostly at that location. I have caught a lot of sturgeon over the years, having grown up on the waterfront. 

Kemo Sabe
1 hour ago, SelbyLowndes said:

Kemo Sabe, don't mope about duck season, just go to Saskatchewan next month and catch the Spring Snow Goose migration.  You can't shoot the ducks but you are free to enjoy them in their prime breeding colors.  Just freelance it anywhere between  Regina and Saskatoon and shoot till your heart's content.  No trailer full of equipment required; just find four fields full of them and then get permission from the farmer to sit in a fencerow somewhere between the flocks or figure out where they are watering.  I once counted 15 different species of duck pairs one morning waiting on the Snows to come to water...SelbyLowndes 

No need to do that, as I run our field work in the off season, and we start removing the water next month. Plenty to see and do right here without the expense and hassle of going to Canada.

DD Huntress

I sure miss a decent snow goose hunt. Nothing for us this year. They skirted us, way too much water everywhere to choose from. 

20160306_133804.jpg

bmeador

I haven't set a spread for 3 years now. Got the itch back though. Working on my spread now, gonna be ready for Canada come October. 

bmeador

20190615_161545.jpg

bmeador

20190615_161902.jpg

bmeador

It goes on...

20190616_140529.jpg