NOTE TO PEOPLE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kemo Sabe

I sure miss duck season....

salmontogue

Last season, the dates for Snow and Blue Geese ran from October 1 to January 31 of this year.  The daily bag limit was 25 and there was no limit on possession.  Needless to say, the sky was alive with geese and the hunting was wonderful.  I stopped real hunting after six birds per day and spent the rest of my time practicing with my various tooters.  Most days, I saw no other waterfowl hunters.

Rick Hall
10 hours ago, salmontogue said:

The daily bag limit was 25...

We enjoy blues and snows on the table (and prefer them above all else for gumbos or fajitas), so when our limit on them went up to 20, I went out and shot just that - maybe twice before deciding I really didn't want to haul that many out, much less clean them at a sitting, again.

salmontogue
2 hours ago, Rick Hall said:

We enjoy blues and snows on the table (and prefer them above all else for gumbos or fajitas), so when our limit on them went up to 20, I went out and shot just that - maybe twice before deciding I really didn't want to haul that many out, much less clean them at a sitting, again.

The cleaning part is the reason for my personally imposed limit of a half dozen.  It is tedious and not terribly entertaining. The eating part is just fine.

Novicecamper
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:17 PM, Kemo Sabe said:

Fishing on the Sacramento River the night prior to the hunt

D316D772-D043-43A1-9EE2-B2842EA190C2.jpeg

cast and blast !

Novicecamper
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, spring said:

Preparing for the next duck season can take a lot of work.  Here's a pic from my duck pond yesterday afternoon; plant most of it corn with a section to the left that you can't see in grain sorghum. I keep a deer fence around the corn to save it for the ducks, something I learned the hard way thru the years.  We'll flood the pond around the first of November.  Most years it sets up well for weekly hunts with friends. 

June 26 2019 duck pond.jpg

wood ducks 2018 2019 season.jpg

my favorite waterfowl

mccuha
2 minutes ago, Novicecamper said:

my favorite waterfowl

What.?  You like mergansers    😂

oh oh you meant you meant the woodies.