REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
spinfly

Stanley Cup Playoffs

gunsrus
6 hours ago, erik meade said:

The game I saw, Boston outplayed the Blues, especially the first period.  But our goalie was just ....  unreal

I agree , Binnington was great and momentum went with the Blues . 

Fire Marshal Bill

It was a great game and St. Louise goalie was outstanding. They deserve to win. 

Reeba

By the time I got done mowing the yard and walking the dog, the game was over.  I did get to see the celebration which was great comedy. A scene right out of slapshot - the fans booing Bettman and the toothless players f-bombing as they hoisted the cup.  Congrats actually to both teams for a hard fought 7 game series.

Tom Avent
2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Thank you Don . Yes they were booing Bettman just like Vancouver (KANADIAN) fans did back in 2011 when Bruins won . 

I understand that when someone pays for a ticket that gives them the right to express their opinion. However, even if it was at Bettman, it is poor sportsmanship to boo in that situation. Have some class.  

kgb
9 hours ago, barna said:

Boston played like crap not a cup worthy performance.  

Barna 

I did not watch the series, but have seen the phenomenon and feel for Bruin fans.  Baseball teams (pirates) go on winning and losing streaks throughout a year, some football games (steelers) look like squad practice at the wrong time but when a hockey team (penguins) falls flat it's like they all suddenly believed their superstitions turned real. Especially when the opposing goalie becomes a wall and no matter what bounces come at him he does the stands-on-his-head routine and becomes unreal.  That's a time to consider destiny.  Good on you, Blues.

Zoli 16ga.
1 hour ago, Tom Avent said:

I understand that when someone pays for a ticket that gives them the right to express their opinion. However, even if it was at Bettman, it is poor sportsmanship to boo in that situation. Have some class.  

Actually...anytime is a good time to booo betman. He knows he gets boo'd every time he steps on the ice.. if he had any class he would not disrespect the game and step on the ice knowing what will happen. betman cares only for betman. How about past greats do his job on the ice instead?

barna
15 hours ago, erik meade said:

The game I saw, Boston outplayed the Blues, especially the first period.  But our goalie was just ....  unreal

Not a Boston fan or Blues fan, just an observation.  The Blues disrupted the mid ice flow of Boston and Boston could not make the adjustment and compensate.  Pretty  much all the previous games Boston had very little to no opposition in moving the puck until they were in front of the goal. Last night the passing lanes were clogged and resulted in turn overs and more importantly it slowed the attack.  Bennington was on fire and his performance carried the game and frustrated Boston.  In my eyes it was not the same Boston team that I saw in the previous games.  Foe game 7 I was expecting better performance.

Barna    

jeff88
10 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Thank you Don . Yes they were booing Bettman just like Vancouver (KANADIAN) fans did back in 2011 when Bruins won . 

Pens won two recent Cups on away ice and were also booed.  Classless fans are all over the place.  Heck, Tom A often chimes in with how classless PGH fans are.  Of course they are not.  😎  Zoli has it right, they were booing Bettman and how can anyone be surprised by that - the non-call trip is seen as ultimately his fault.  Everybody in hockeydom hates that guy.  

Nobody asked me but:

- How is Binnington not the Conn Smythe winner?

- Happy to see Marchand's clunky change helped the Blues with what ended up being the series winning goal.  Not happy - ecstatic!!!!!

- See!  I called a game 7!  Yup!  Of course it wasn't a triple OT stoke inducer.  Nor was it 1-0.  But I called a game 7!

- Broons and Blues put on a fantastic series.  No one should hang their head.  This was a great Cup run for both.  

- Al is the classiest UJ hockey fan, in fact, he is classy enough to qualify for -- wait for it -- being a Pens fan!

erik meade
32 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

How is Binnington not the Conn Smythe winner

Thats is what I want to know about it.

jeff88
12 minutes ago, erik meade said:

Thats is what I want to know about it.

Had the Broons won, it would have been Rask.  Just doesn't make sense.  Yes, O'Reilly great but had Binnington not withstood a blistering attack or not made spectacular saves, this would have been a different outcome.  At the 11th minute in the 3rd period, Binnington won the series.

erik meade

I told my wife I think this was more exciting than any of the three Cardinal World Series victories.  Which is surprising since I am much more of a baseball fan than a hockey fan.

This playoffs has been so much fun.

Zoli 16ga.

They probably didn't pick 

Binnington for the conn smyth because he's a Canadian!

Oh wait....😁

Ben Hong

To end the NHL season after witnessing a beat down of the Bruins by the Blues and seeing the face licker cry9_9, here's a feel good story as antidote to the Bruins enema we all had to endure.

Canadiens’ Carey Price steals the show at NHL Awards | Montreal Gazette

Ben Hong