REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
spinfly

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ben Hong
3 hours ago, kgb said:

Sounds like they're trying to keep your relationship interesting with a little mystery.  Got anything good to say about the Islanders?

The Islanders are the best coached team in the league. They have all bought into the system and one thing is sure, Lamourello sure knows his horse flesh!

Big Al
1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Bruins loss to the Leafs exposed Chara for the old, slow, hack and whack player that he is. Leafs beat the Bruins to every puck in the O-Zone. Anderson held them in when the Bruins controlled the Leafs end of the rink.

The Caps looked unbeatable early and I was about to post those comments last night when things turned and  the game turned around until a last minute empty netter sealed it.

Calgary played as expected.

I commented to my grandson whom was watching the game with me that Chara really looked slow.  He was a liability last night.

Clueless1
25 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

The Islanders are the best coached team in the league. They have all bought into the system and one thing is sure, Lamourello sure knows his horse flesh!

Penguins are in trouble with this matchup much more than Pens fans want to admit right now.  

32 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I commented to my grandson whom was watching the game with me that Chara really looked slow.  He was a liability last night.

geez you guys the man is 42 years old!

Ben Hong
1 hour ago, 123 said:

In hockey terms, he might as well be 72 years old. Not a fan because he is a mean, dirty giant, not a friendly one.

Big Al
2 hours ago, 123 said:

Then it's time to hangem up.

gaberdeen

Islanders played a great game. Feeling good about them!

canvasback

I gotta say, I’m in shock at the Bolts. Down two after two games at home against a wildcard team. Scoreless for over 4 straight periods? 

Tracker 6

Jackets 2-0 last yr against the Caps too.

Ben Hong

Sheesh...this is complete and utter BS if you were a Tampa fan. So fine a team they say, better than the Habs of the 70s they say, plan the parade route they say...Who the f... are they who say!?

I said that the NYI have great coaching, now I must add that CBJ  with Torts at the helm is just as awesome!

The Jets could use a bit of luck!

canvasback

Jets have been an average team since February and they are proving it now I am sad to say. Hard to come back from 0-2 and you are now on the road. Not impossible but it’s a deep hole. 

At least Tampa is down in here with us. 

jeff88
10 hours ago, Tracker 6 said:

Jackets 2-0 last yr against the Caps too.

Beat me to it, it's the Pen's only hope.  The Caps win last year was something like 1 in five gazzillion, can this happen two seasons in a row?    PGH looked UGGGGHHHHHLLLLEEEEE last night.  Sid has been thwarted, Murray looks mortal.  Agree with Ben's comments about Trotz, he seems to have found a secret sauce especially versus PGH of late.

Still:

GO PENS!

Canuck

Jets forgot to play hockey for part of the game and spent to much time and effort on the body. That along with their constant yapping, especially Laine,  and a sieve for a goaltender was all she wrote.

Islanders and Jackets!!!! That is why they play the game and is what makes the playoffs so much fun to watch.

Just watched Canada's women hockey team lose to Finland. Canada will not be in the gold medal game for the first time in forever. Was a very exciting game to watch but international officiating is confusing at best.

Ontdon

Why do they change the rules for the playoffs? During the season if you look hard at someone your gone......playoffs you can mug somebody unless you have a gun and no call.

Ben Hong

Oh goodie!!!Da Broons have reverted back to their thuggish ways, and won!