Swampy 16

They’re here !

Swampy 16

I took a bit to figure them out today but put 4 over 32” in the boat. Not a bad first day out. All on artificials.

50FB908E-FC66-4067-B11B-246F3091B6B6.jpeg

SxSetter

Beauty!  Heading out for ice out Salmon tomorrow up here.

Swampy 16

Good luck

Swampy 16

Still here ! Banging em good. My wife caught her first striper today and it was a keeper, 30”. We caught several like this and some smaller ones.39F6962B-7E37-4D75-BF2D-0D5CEFCCD621.thumb.jpeg.3784033c2f75c511c2dbf3c1b0f57fd5.jpeg8CB80611-89BF-4503-A5F3-741052C7F188.thumb.jpeg.6f914f1821a78071439c72f5c3a78e69.jpeg

sharptail grouse

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Fire Marshal Bill

S-16, How many can you keep in NJ? Can only keep 2 in Ct. I do a lot of catch and release.

Swampy 16

One 28” or bigger and one 43” or bigger. One keeper is plenty to eat, trust me.

LabHunter

How has your fishing been the last couple years?  The Chesapeake has been slow recently, lots of gnashing of teeth going on around here.  I've heard some whispers that maybe the spawners are moving north...

Swampy 16

This is the first spring I’ve been able to use my own boat. From what I’ve been told by the circle of fisherman I’m in, the fishing has been spectacular, especially the fall run for the past two to three years. Spring time is always awesome as well but the fall seams to have gotten much better.

LabHunter

That mirrors my experience in the Chesapeake.  I catch most of my stripers in the fall, for sure! 

Swampy 16

Bigger ones too I bet. 

Marc Ret
19 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

This is the first spring I’ve been able to use my own boat. From what I’ve been told by the circle of fisherman I’m in, the fishing has been spectacular, especially the fall run for the past two to three years. Spring time is always awesome as well but the fall seams to have gotten much better.

You talked about finding a new job last autumn, Swampy. Did you end up changing jobs? Seems you're out having too much fun of late when all the other landscapers I know are running full tilt.😁

Swampy 16

I’m still at the same job and fortunately for me I work in the commercial/industrial end of the industry. We work a 40 hour four day week but being the COO I normally work most Friday’s from April through Thanksgiving. After that I grouse hunt full tilt, every Friday and Saturday. I’m so glad I got out of the residential end, it sucks ! Homeowners are a PIA. Let me know if you wanna chase some stripers. Haha

Marc Ret
2 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

I’m still at the same job and fortunately for me I work in the commercial/industrial end of the industry. We work a 40 hour four day week but being the COO I normally work most Friday’s from April through Thanksgiving. After that I grouse hunt full tilt, every Friday and Saturday. I’m so glad I got out of the residential end, it sucks ! Homeowners are a PIA. Let me know if you wanna chase some stripers. Haha

Well, glad you're still at it but if it's time for a change, do it. I've been considering one myself. 

Just the opposite for me. The bulk of my work is residential construction but I do the occasional commercial job. I don't enjoy the commercial because there is just no interest in the quality of work. Dealing with customers is part of the job. Most of my customers in the last 20 years have been pretty good to work with. A couple PIAs and one retired cop that tried to screw me on the final payment. He found out real quick I don't handle that well...

If the offer to get after some Stripers is a sincere one (I won't hold you to it😉), I might take you up on it this fall if you want. I haven't fished the salt in ages. 

Swampy 16

You’re not too far from me. I get into grouse mode in the fall but may hit the run Thai fall. They’re running good right now.