Sign in to follow this  
sharptail grouse

Priefert kennels

erik meade

Mine are 16 years old.  Look new. 

My wife likes that they blend into the landscape so much better than chain link.   I like that they are solid,  and also super easy to take a panel off to get the dog house out for cleaning  (no bolts or anything - barely more difficult than a gate.)

Way worth the overprice that I paid. 

Also: doubles as a place to store the aluminum canoe...

erik meade

Seriously,  there are few products that I have ever bought that I am more satisfied with. 

sharptail grouse
17 minutes ago, erik meade said:

Mine are 16 years old.  Look new. 

My wife likes that they blend into the landscape so much better than chain link.   I like that they are solid,  and also super easy to take a panel off to get the dog house out for cleaning  (no bolts or anything - barely more difficult than a gate.)

Way worth the overprice that I paid. 

Also: doubles as a place to store the aluminum canoe...

Thanks.

You have to keep your canoe caged up?

erik meade
11 minutes ago, sharptail grouse said:

Thanks.

You have to keep your canoe caged up?

Canoe sits on top...  Sort of makes a roof, I guess.  Sometimes the aluminum ladder does to.  

Sort of negates the - blends into the landscape - effect my wife likes.  But it is easier to toss the canoe up there than to put it up in the rafters of the garage each time...

I should add that my dogs have dog houses in there, but most of the time the runs are open and they are free to go in and out of the yard.  So they haven't been peeing on them for 16 years, so maybe that is why they are  new looking.   But still they have spent a lot of time locked in there, and it has been 16 years.

Hammergun

I have had mine for about 14 years. Still great. I built a sunroof/shade over mine and call it the dog temple. 

sharptail grouse
10 hours ago, Hammergun said:

I have had mine for about 14 years. Still great. I built a sunroof/shade over mine and call it the dog temple. 

All good to hear. I found a slightly used 10x5x6 for $400. Seems like a decent buy,

Hammergun

The beauty is that you can get them configured how you want. I have two connecting 5x 10’s with an interconnecting gate between them so the dogs can be together or I can separate them. 

You can have a side door or end door on it depending on your arrangement. 

I built mine on 8x8 pretreated boards around the perimeter with weedguard and washed round stone in it. Easy to clean and care for if you don’t want to do concrete. 

braque du upstate

Mine is almost 20 . Love it , a little squeaky.  Some rust at wear points.  My neighbor was afraid of my pup for almost 2 yrs . She saw the "dunbar correctional facility" and figured my vicious hunting dog was locked up to protect the public . 2 canoes on top. The sun tarp/ shade is a nice addition.