REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
spinfly

2020 Subaru Outback

spinfly

Bumping an old post. Yesterday bought  a 2020 Outback, Onyx XT, should be here next week. I was thinking of a Tacoma, but new those are pushing 40K +, and not sure how much dealing I could have done, huge demand for them. The Onyx XT has a turbo 4 cylinder 260 hp vs. the 6 cyl. 278 hp Tacoma. I still have my 2014 Outback which will be my "beater" car for hunting/fishing. We were able to get $7500 on my wife's 2010 Outback on trade. Also, for those who own Subaru's and are in the market for another, if you call their customer service #, they will send you a  customer loyalty voucher for $500 to use for the purchase of your next Subaru (good for one year). 

Not big enough changes from the 2020's to the 2021's to warrant waiting, and the 0% financing helped seal the deal. 

Any input on after warranty protection plans? We are leaning towards no, and I have always been a "no" person to them trying to upsell me. With all the electronics on cars these days is the only reason of any potential concern. 

Swampy 16
51 minutes ago, spinfly said:

Bumping an old post. Yesterday bought  a 2020 Outback, Onyx XT, should be here next week. I was thinking of a Tacoma, but new those are pushing 40K +, and not sure how much dealing I could have done, huge demand for them. The Onyx XT has a turbo 4 cylinder 260 hp vs. the 6 cyl. 278 hp Tacoma. I still have my 2014 Outback which will be my "beater" car for hunting/fishing. We were able to get $7500 on my wife's 2010 Outback on trade. Also, for those who own Subaru's and are in the market for another, if you call their customer service #, they will send you a  customer loyalty voucher for $500 to use for the purchase of your next Subaru (good for one year). 

Not big enough changes from the 2020's to the 2021's to warrant waiting, and the 0% financing helped seal the deal. 

Any input on after warranty protection plans? We are leaning towards no, and I have always been a "no" person to them trying to upsell me. With all the electronics on cars these days is the only reason of any potential concern. 

As long as your warranty is at least as long as the loan term and is bumper to bumper. And congratulations ! Sounds like you love Subaru’s. I was gonna get a Forester but ended up with a Cherokee. The comfort just wasn’t there for me in the Subaru.