Gyrfolco

Prairie chicken drawing

Lurch

there's some downright amazing talent on this board (excluding me!)

Gyrfolco

Thanks guys for all of your nice comments.

Wes Stueber

Outstanding drawing!  You are one talented artist.  I have a Greater Prairie Chicken mounted here at home - originally came from Kansas some years back now.  Only a live bird could justify your work!

I took an old friend to hunt them once and he had NO idea they could fly SO fast!  As we were sitting along a fence/line, waiting for them to head from feeding to their prairie roost, they just ZOOMED by us and we saw them coming a long way out, too!  Fantastic bird.

Did you draw your pointer, too, Gyrfolco?  Show more of your drawings, if you don't mind?  Thank you!

Brittman

Gyrfolco
On 5/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Wes Stueber said:

Outstanding drawing!  You are one talented artist.  I have a Greater Prairie Chicken mounted here at home - originally came from Kansas some years back now.  Only a live bird could justify your work!

I took an old friend to hunt them once and he had NO idea they could fly SO fast!  As we were sitting along a fence/line, waiting for them to head from feeding to their prairie roost, they just ZOOMED by us and we saw them coming a long way out, too!  Fantastic bird.

Did you draw your pointer, too, Gyrfolco?  Show more of your drawings, if you don't mind?  Thank you!

Brittman

Thanks Brittman, yes I did the pointer drawing and have posted other drawings on this forum like this sage grouse drawing 

591154F5-76E2-4D80-8863-7EE158E71865.jpeg

drummer's stump
On 5/10/2019 at 1:12 AM, Gyrfolco said:

Thanks Brittman, yes I did the pointer drawing and have posted other drawings on this forum like this sage grouse drawing 

591154F5-76E2-4D80-8863-7EE158E71865.jpeg

Wow you did a great job on these. 

Gyrfolco
On 5/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Wes Stueber said:

Brittman

Thanks Brittman, I did do the pointer and posted a sage grouse drawing a while back.

Gyrfolco
6 hours ago, drummer's stump said:

Wow you did a great job on these. 

Thanks, the prints turned out great.

floodcity

Checked your website and didn't see the sage grouse. Are the prints made and what is the cost? Is the original for sale?

frak

Maybe consider a time-lapsed series showing your progress.  I’m sure it would be fascinating.  

Gyrfolco
On 5/13/2019 at 12:24 AM, floodcity said:

Checked your website and didn't see the sage grouse. Are the prints made and what is the cost? Is the original for sale?

Sage grouse original has been sold, prints available if you pm me.

Gyrfolco
On 5/13/2019 at 1:47 AM, frak said:

Maybe consider a time-lapsed series showing your progress.  I’m sure it would be fascinating.  

0A94413D-FE38-40BE-AF1F-CF0FC5013807.jpeg

EC8230D6-151A-46D1-B848-80DC239127D9.jpeg

1403832B-5C87-4B59-9DFE-0534F9EF4BD0.jpeg

B2255DBD-FD41-4F69-A698-A91EAAF9C69F.jpeg

B92F861E-934C-4C3B-86CF-2446B188BF06.jpeg

frak

This is insane

hobbes
On 5/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, Gyrfolco said:

Pastel pencil 

Fantastic work!!

I've never worked with color but purchased colored pencils a year ago.  I've yet to use them, actually don't draw very often anymore.  However, what are the benefits of pastel pencils?  I'm assuming pastel is your preference.  Why do you prefer pastel pencils?

Gyrfolco
On 5/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, hobbes said:

Fantastic work!!

I've never worked with color but purchased colored pencils a year ago.  I've yet to use them, actually don't draw very often anymore.  However, what are the benefits of pastel pencils?  I'm assuming pastel is your preference.  Why do you prefer pastel pencils?

Better blending quality and actual colors are more true to pigment when laid down, if that helps. I never liked my color pencil work, too difficult to blend imo.

frak

It must be a wonderful feeling to see that creature emerge from your own hand.