NOTE TO PEOPLE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP Read more... ×
GLS

Summer Project Turkey Gun

GLS

Assuming you mean the coating on the metal, Duracoat is a two part coating (hardener is mixed into color coating) that  is elastic and resists scratching.  Not as tough as Ceracote but more easily applied by a DIYer.  It doesn't require baking as does Ceracote.  Manufacturer told me that Matt Black doesn't need clear coating.

I have applied Duracoat on another single-shot in a dark shade of green and is holding up well  after several seasons. The stock's art work is protected by a polyurethane finish. Gil

NCgrouse

10-4, i was referring to the stock art. Nice work on that gun. Should be a real joy to mess with.

GLS

Thanks.  Mark does fine work.  Here's what he did on my Yildiz TK36 (.410) single-shot 4 seasons ago.  It's held up very well.  I'd hunted the gun for 3 seasons before sending it to him.  It's a deadly pea-shooter on turkeys.   It sounds like a screen door slamming compared with any of my other turkey guns.  Gil

57355_800x600.jpg

NCgrouse

You know what choke comes in the tk 12 or tk 36 from yildiz/academy?

GLS

According to Academy's Q&A under the guns, the 12 has a fixed 2/4 mod and the 36 a mod.  I hunted a few years with the .410's fixed choke and I was under the impression it was full.  I averaged 100 pellets of TSS #9 in the 10 ring at 40 in three shots with a low of 88 and a high of 110.  The screw improved it by over 50%..  I never shot the 12 with it's factory choke.  Gil